I Want to give it a try

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Thanks everybody.

Post by Anonymous »

First of all let me say hello and introduce myself. My name is Danny and I am very interested in going into this field of work. I have found some very good information on this forum, but I still have a lot of questions that I am unsure about.

1. How much money should a startup invest. Including the kit.
2. How do you go about getting involved with LYNX and SAFELITE. "how to find them would be good too"
3. What kind of insurance is necessary for the business and whats the average cost for it.

I will start with these
any info that you guys could share would be very helpful. My e-mail is danielrivera74@yahoo.com

Thank You
Danny R.
Anonymous

I Want to give it a try

Post by Anonymous »

1ksbigboy,

Welcome to the forum.

I will try to answer your questions as best as possible in order.

1. How much money should a startup invest. Including the kit.
Well Danny, that will depend on your available finances and what your goals will be. My start up costs were right around $2.000 dollars which included The best kit available from DELTA KITS and other priority business expenses.
2. How do you go about getting involved with LYNX and SAFELITE. "how to find them would be good too"
You can call them or find them on the Internet. Ask them for an "Offer and Acceptance" package if you want referral work from them. If not, request that they put you on there list of approved vendors.
3. What kind of insurance is necessary for the business and what the average cost for it.
I have general liability insurance through RLI. They write policies for home based businesses. I pay $210.00 a year for $1.000.000 liability coverage, $5.000 personal property coverage and these can be adjusted to meet your needs. I believe this amount of coverage will satisfy the network requirements.

You are on the right track. Ask questions and do your homework. I hope this helps somewhat.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]

Re: I Want to give it a try

Post by Guest »

Welcome to the forums Danny!

Quote:2. How do you go about getting involved with LYNX and SAFELITE. "how to find them would be good too"

You can find Lynx at https://www.lynxservices.com/installers1/installers.asp

Safelite is www.safelite.com/

In my opinion, those sites are not terribly user friendly, so if you have questions, don't hesitate to call them up or ask people here!

Let us know how it goes!

Jeff Higgins
Delta Kits, Inc.
[email]"jhiggins@deltakits.com"[/email]
www.deltakits.com
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

you guys are awesome

It feels good to know there are still people out there willing to give you a hand and gide you in the right direction.

THANKS i WILL KEEP YOU GUYS UPDATED!!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I have sent you an e mail direct. plese let me know if you recieve it or not.

Thank you
Mr. Chips Inc.