New to this...

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: A great niche

Post by Anonymous »

Im ordering my Delta kit this week. Can't wait to get started. I've been all over the forums and they've been great. I was wondering what kind of reaction you get from customers after you finish a job. I mean with some cracks leaving scars behind. Do customers expect them to be totally gone? Do you tell them ahead of time that here may be some scaring? I know i'll come across this and just wanna know the best way to handle this...
Anonymous

New to this...

Post by Anonymous »

Congraduations and all the success you can handle.

I would have to say the answer to all your questions is yes. Even after you realistically explain what the primary and secondary goals of a repair are, they say they understand but in the end I still think they had thought they would be totally invisable. I usually just have to remind them of this and they look at the repair and then remember what it looked like before the repair and are quite pleased. I think the over all savings has alot to do with that also. Ladies don't be offended, but I find this to be the case with more women than men.

In my opinion, if you have a customer that expects it to disappear or be invisable, then I would suggest a replacement becuase no repair will ever fully vanish and even a perfect repair would not please this type of individual. Some will clear up pretty darn close though.

My personal advice would be...Be honest and realistic in your service and capabilities.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]
Anonymous

Re: New to this...

Post by Anonymous »

I've been repairing windshields for 15 years and I've learned it is best to prepare a customer for the worst then when the repair comes out good they are very happy. Tell them that theres alot of damage and it is a difficult repair but you will do your best. I always tell them it will clear 90 to 95 percent that opens up the thought process that it's not going to go away completely, I explain light refractiveness, the prizm effect once you've done this you will rarely get complaints. Then you have the last one you do for the day the guy looks like he doesn't have much money so you do him a favor and discount your repair he will complain about everything, avoid doing favors they will bite back every repair should professional and priced accordingly: I hope this helps Dave
Anonymous

re-new to this

Post by Anonymous »

I agree with windshield savers, preparation is key when it comes to crack repair, i always take my time to explain to the customer exactly what the process is and what it will do, i also make it very clear what the possible outcome can be, ALWAYS aim low and prepare him for a very visible hairline, if he agress to your terms and you do a good repair, you willl exceed the expectations that he created based on the info you gave him, and he will leave a happy customer. If you don't prep him and you focus on getting the job, you will end up with an unsatisfied customer even if your repair is top quality.

JESSE

"education is power"