welcome

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
CarGlass

Post by CarGlass »

an idea was thrown out to jeff of delta kits... (dont laugh)... perhaps a forum for guys that do windshield replacement would be as good a hit as the repair forum has been.... my name is keith.. ive been in the windshield replacement field for 21 years,, i am always wanting to learn new tricks, tools ect to make my job easier and faster with no compromise in quality and service.... lets yuck it up with a million years of service from everybody that is involved with the area of replacement... post anything you want in the area's of service, installation techniques, tricks of the trade, ect, ect, .. especially the area's of problem solving that will help an installer to be a better one..... im making my own list now and will post soon.... c ya... keith CarGlass44@hotmail.com
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Does this mean that the much awaited window tinting forum is soon to arrive? :wink:
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Delta Kits »

Dave,

Anything's possibe!

Baby steps! :)
Delta Kits, Inc.
CarGlass

glass networks

Post by CarGlass »

ok..ill cheat a little off the replacement topic... since its glass related :) dave i have a site you might be interested in.. its CPFilms INC. in Martinsville VA. ..... they do training in all area's of tinting... contact david laufenberg at 276-627-3866... or the site http://www.cpfilms.com , i want to do window tinting also but im so busy with replacement and related tempered troubleshooting problems i havent taken the time to take a class or even look local here in the raleigh area to see whats available... c ya... keith
wisecrackwr

Post by wisecrackwr »

Hello. My name is Christopher Farrell and I am with WiseCrack Windshields, LLC. I am a glass shop owner in Beaverton, OR and I am really looking to expand my knowledge of the business and industry so I am able to be more effective. Some news from my company is the Brand new website that I just put out. Take a look at: http://www.wisecrackw.com Do any of you guys have websites? I would love to take a look. If you don't have a website but would like to put one together at a very affordable price then just contact me and i can help you with that. Any comments, questions, and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you all.

Sincerely, :idea: :?: :!:
mgburks

Post by mgburks »

Hi, My name is Merritt Burks and I am the sales rep for a new glass co. out of Austin Texas.B & B Plate Glass We are considering lynx because it is such a hassle billing State Farm etc. I was hoping some of you have been down this road before and me hear some of your comments and expirences on the subject of Lynx and billing insurance companies in general. We have several jobs waiting to be paid by State Farm and Allstate because they insist on sending the payment to the customer instead of the ones doing the work! Which in my mind is ridiculous since the customer is not the one doing the work. Any comments?
Lee

Post by Lee »

Years ago we used to have a "release/authorization to pay" form. It stated that the job was done and the customer was satisfied with it.
And the insurance co could send the check to us. It's been awile since we've used them but something like this may work for you. Check with your contacts at the ins co's.
mgburks

Ins co's

Post by mgburks »

Yeah, our invoice is set up with a similiar authorization and release. State Farm still refuses to pay direct unless you file an offer and acceptence form with them.
pete uk

Re: welcome

Post by pete uk »

just a quick hello for a new member in the uk ive been in the replacement side for 10 years but have now hopped on to the repair business

speak to you all soon

pete
Glacier Auto Glass

Re: welcome

Post by Glacier Auto Glass »

mgburks,

I ecently had to deal with this very issue. State Farm was the only insurance company I had to sign the paperwork that you are referring to. Allstate didn't require it. You will not get paid by State Farm directly until you have this turned in to them. It's free and takes about 2 weeks for them to process. I would just do it to save youself the troubles of billing down the road.