Windshield Relacement Leads

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
chrismiller88
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Windshield Relacement Leads

Post by chrismiller88 »

I've been approached by a company that can give me leads for windshield replacements. They have 800 numbers, call center, etc and they pass the work directly to me. What is a fair price for this type of lead? Has anyone else ever done this?
DryStar

Re: Windshield Relacement Leads

Post by DryStar »

You have to be very careful with some of these companies. You'll be charged for every lead regardless if you get the job or not. You will have to ask them if they provide you with the lead and it doesn't turn into a paying job whether they still charge you or not. Beware!
chrismiller88

Post by chrismiller88 »

Thanks Drystar - They actually can guarantee the lead because they have a call center where they take the call, give the quote, charge the credit card, take care of the insurance and then call my dispatcher with the location, name, etc. Since the customer has already been charged it is a valid lead. Most of the risk is on their side since I may not even show up to do the job - but if this happens they will invoice me for the cost of having someone else complete the job and never do business with me again.
cracksinlagos

Post by cracksinlagos »

You need these companies to grow in this business but do not turn down any offers from them. Just do your search on them concerning their integrity and read all terms and conditions carefully before you sign the dotted lines.
jhickman1

Post by jhickman1 »

chrismiller88 wrote:Thanks Drystar - They actually can guarantee the lead because they have a call center where they take the call, give the quote, charge the credit card, take care of the insurance and then call my dispatcher with the location, name, etc. Since the customer has already been charged it is a valid lead. Most of the risk is on their side since I may not even show up to do the job - but if this happens they will invoice me for the cost of having someone else complete the job and never do business with me again.
I would say as far as leads go, this deal you are talking about sounds like about the best. I currently get some leads from a company that quotes the job online and if the customer likes what they see then they call me directly to seal the deal. Since they already know the quote, it reduces some of the "tire-kickers". If someone calls my number by mistake or they are out of my coverage area, etc., then I let the company know and they wont charge for the lead. BUT, if it is a viable lead and for some reason it just doesnt happen then I get charged because I couldnt schedule or whatever the reason is. I pay about $20 per lead. I set the parameters on the website so it will know how much I want to charge for a quote so I just add $20 to the quote to cover the lead cost.
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
Mariagilbert

Post by Mariagilbert »

I think you should take quotation from different companies using internet and check the least price with the service being provided. Accordingly take decision rather than boasting on the single company quotes. Find out the prices to expect based on vehicle type.