Was my windshield properly repaired?

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
zythros
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Was my windshield properly repaired?

Post by zythros »

Ok yes this is my first post and I went to you guys because as your name would suggest a lot of you know a lot about Windshield Repair and I couldn't find the answer anywhere else :D So I went to have my front windshield repaired because it had suffered a small BB like impact from a rock flying from a semi's back tire. The BB impact ends result looks exactly like this basically
So I get it repaired and they removed the lines but the place of impact was still there as expected I shake hands give thanks and go.. two weeks later a small line emerges that is really only visible from inside of the vechile crap.. this gets me looking it over and I notice that they did not fill the hole all the way.. I then proceed to go and get a toothpick and as I suspected I can stick the toothpick into the hole .. I even took pictures of it

and the toothpick went in a tiny bit over a 1/8th of a inch! If you look at the picture with the tape measure that black line was were I marked it with a pen while the toothpick was in the hole. I would imagine that the glass they inject would be level with the original glass around it but alas I am no glass professional and they shot me down with their mountains of glass knowledge! Saying that they could only repair it once!! noo!! What action should I take, is this to be expected? Any help is much appreciated wew
kenb81
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Was my windshield properly repaired?

Post by kenb81 »

Looking at the first pic ;
No was not done properly . It has not been filled properly and sounds like they
did not cap it with pit filler thats why you still have the drill hole .
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

Give your location. Someone here my be able to help.
zythros

Post by zythros »

I had it repaired with North Arkansas glass in Mountain home Arkansas, I live not but 20 miles away from Mountain Home if that helps anyone :/ :| From what I have gathered online I dont think they can re-inject the glass again sadly so the best I can do is go back and get a refund..
Last edited by Kgobin on April 26th, 2012, 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed URL
Glasseye
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Glasseye »

I would first give the original repairer the opportunity to see the repair and discuss your concerns with them. They may be able to improve the finish to your satisfaction.
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

you might check here - http://www.windshieldreferral.com/
jimmymaguire

Post by jimmymaguire »

Looing at the picture, i can definitely say that the repair was not done properly. You need to go back to your service station and get this done again. This is a very shabby job done and if you leave it untouched, it can damage our car further. I am sure pointing this will get you a second service done soon. e
julia001

Post by julia001 »

Hi. It is clear from the picture that the repair wasn't done properly. I agree that you need to have the guys who did that, take a look and explain why this has happened. Many companies offer lifetime warranty against defects, leaks & workmanship, so you should definitely go back to them.
edwardsmary

Post by edwardsmary »

I believe repair has not been done properly. Although 90% of repairs leaves slight blemish, but in this case pit has not been filled properly and this has spread into a crack. Onl option left for you is to replace them frather than going for second time repair.
jimmymaguire

Post by jimmymaguire »

Hi,
edwardsmary wrote:I believe repair has not been done properly. Although 90% of repairs leaves slight blemish, but in this case pit has not been filled properly and this has spread into a crack. Onl option left for you is to replace them frather than going for second time repair.
I am not fully agreed that there is only option of replacement. It may be repair if this goes to a trained hand. This is the fault of the mechanic who did this. But you may contact to other service provider to do so. And if nobody is ready to repair then only you go for replacement.

Thanx.