Insurance ABCD Markets

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
mousestomper
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Insurance ABCD Markets

Post by mousestomper »

Hello All,

This is my first post to the forums. I've been reading them constantly for the last several months and have learned quite a bit. I worked for an auto glass shop for over a year and am in the process of starting up my own. I have a ton of questions in regards to the business, I'll keep reading and learning more, but I was hoping that someone could help me out with one of my questions that I've looked everywhere I could think of for the answer. As I understand it, insurance companies pay for a replacement according to a discount off of NAGS determined by your location. I've found references to A, B, C, D, and E markets, but I've found no way to determine where I stand. Apart from that, If I have a mobile service, do I bill from different markets accordingly or from where I run the business out of?

It seems that billing the insurance companies as a non network shop is the most confusing part of all of this for me. I was just hoping to get some tips on how to bill the insurance and stay profitable. (i.e. how would I bill for moldings or negotiate a discount off nags)

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with everyone here as well as contributing.

Thanks