Revenue?

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
GLASSTIME
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Revenue?

Post by GLASSTIME »

Just wanted to get a idea or a ballpark figure of what majority of replacements put in your

Does insurance pay more than OOP customers?
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
benswindshieldrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Revenue?

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

Hey brother! Yes, Insurance pays more than OOP customers but it all depends on what their deductible is. If they have a deductible that is higher than my cash price, I have to waive their deductible, or a portion of it, to make it worth it to them to file a claim. I'm straight forward with my customers. If they ask "how much does it cost for this" then I assess my markup and that is what it is. If they consider insurance, I'll do what I can to make it worth it to them but I am up front all the way about the costs. The markup that I want on each job is what it is and that's the bottom line. I don't know if I'm different than others but this is how I roll. Where I have had this work out (profit wise) is in side/back glass replacements. These are always more expensive than a windshield. In these cases, I do well by insurance payments because the cost of the glass and labor far exceeds their deductible. Get in touch with me via other channels and I'll tell you what my markup is.
Mariagilbert
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Revenue?

Post by Mariagilbert »

Yea, I agree with benswindshield repair! Insurance company pays more than OOP customers but it all depends on what their deductible is. For instance, if the deductible amount is $2,000, you must pay that much out of pocket for covered services before your insurer begins paying you costs. High deductible plans require policy holders to pay more out of pocket before they begin paying for covered services.