funny customers

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
pa glass
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

funny customers

Post by pa glass »

Customers say the darnedest things.
Recently one guy got a price from me and asked if that comes with new wipers.
I also did a repair for a guy that came out very nice. The only thing left was a very small chip spot that I filled and polished. He asked Will that disappear over time?
Like it's gonna heal.

Let's all tell our funniest customer stories.
Windshield911

Re: funny customers

Post by Windshield911 »

Went to repair a windshield once and met customer at her house. We arrived at same time and she got out showing me her star break. She was trying to imitate the rock hitting by using her hand and she hit the windshield. It cracked all the way across and I guess you could say it was an awkward moment for both if us. Costly mistake on her part, haha. Was a real hot day and I explained she needed in garage to cool down before I did repair. Just didn't have enough time to cool before she karate chopped her windshield.
Glasseye
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Glasseye »

A customer brought his car into the depot for a new bonded windshield. He explained that to save us some time he had taken the old windshield out an put in the trunk. I asked him if he was a fitter, he said no and it had been a bit of struggle to remove the glass but, proudly he said, he had managed to do it. I then went into the yard to check the car. Oh yes, he taken it out alright. He had used a hammer to smash out the glass and what's more he had used no covers inside or out. Then folded up what was left of the windshield and placed it in the trunk. I wish I had a picture to show you but it was before the days of cameras in phones. :-o :-o
pa glass

Post by pa glass »

Those are both great stories guy, thanks for the posts.

I have had quite a number ask if I make the windshield my self. I have told some that I knew I could joke with that, yeah if you look careful you can still read the work Coke in it where it didn't melt all the way. Then I give them a short idea of the hundred million dollar process that actually goes on.

Another common question has come up while I am nearly through removing a shield. They will say. "were you able to get a shield for this/" I have said no but it will come in a couple of days and look for the horror in their eyes wondering how they will get home. Like I would start if I didn't have their glass?
Glasseye
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Glasseye »

I'll give you another one. Went to do a bus screen at their depot. 2 man job, I'm on the inside of the bus working the glass, my mate is on the outside of the bus. Next thing, my mate lets out a cry of pain and falls to the ground clutching his leg. I dash out to him to see what happened and he said he had just been bitten by a dog. I looked round the side of the bus and there was this big black dog just staring at me with evil eyes. Just then the owner of the bus came running down and grabbed the dog. He was really sorry about it saying he had forgotten he had let the guard dog out. I told him we never heard him bark. He replied " No he doesn't bark, he just creeps up and bites you" !!!!. Fortunately my mate was wearing trousers and overalls so it didn't penetrate but every time we went there after, we made sure the dog was locked up.
pa glass

Post by pa glass »

This is classic. The other day a guy drops off a car locked up and in the middle of my lot while I was out. I see he forgot to drop the keys in my drop box and give him a call. turns out he had not forgotten. " Oh, do you need the keys?" I figured you just do it from the out side. Yeah I just place my hands on the shield and it lifts out. Don't need to pop the hood or open the doors. Don't need to be able to get other cars around on my lot. And I rent a shop so I can still do a mobile twenty feet from my tools and a roof. Jack ass.