Windshield field prep stands

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
glassman84
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Windshield field prep stands

Post by glassman84 »

I am looking at getting a few windshield stands for on site use. There are a lot of options Equalizer and CR laurence stands seem to be the most popular. Any other options? What do you use and what do you like and dislike about them?

Thanks guys
Dempsterglass

Re: Windshield field prep stands

Post by Dempsterglass »

I still have my first CRL stand after 25 yrs in the garage as my portable shop table base for various projects. I've replaced the plastic ribbed section twice over the years and the rubber feet numerous times.
I got two Equalizer stands last yr for free when I bought a new Equalizer Black Ops 120v on a special sale.
Nice sturdy stands. Foam is nice and the red looks good alongside my companies colors.
Only small complaint is not as wide as CRL stand for those bigger windshields but the foam is grippy on glass so I have no concerns of movement in light winds or slightly off level sites as opposed to CRL hard ribbed plastic that glass can slide a bit on.
glassman84

Re: Windshield field prep stands

Post by glassman84 »

Perfect much appreciated. I want to make sure because there is a lot of money riding on these. no pun intended. :lol: