2007 Odyssey & 2003 Suburban Windshields

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
sboothaz
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

2007 Odyssey & 2003 Suburban Windshields

Post by sboothaz »

Hello,

Quick question from the pros here in the forum. I am in the process of getting my windshield replaced in my 2007 Honda Odyssey through my insurance. I called around to a bunch of installers and heard lots of interesting things! Many companies offer cash back after the job. The thing I need your opinion/help on is what type/brand of glass should I request be installed, one company told me that I should get "FYG" as it is excellent glass (I think she said "platinum" standard) , another company said CMX (Crinamex) was what they would put on the Odyssey. Any advice?

I made the mistake of allowing FYG glass to be installed on my 2003 Suburban a few months ago, (had Pilkington glass on it before), I have noticed rippling/distortion in the glass since it was installed and just today called the installer and they offered to replace it with whatever I wanted. I told them Pilkington. (The installer also offered CMX and said it was basically the same as pilkington) Any Advice?

Thank you,
Steve
jasper custom
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: 2007 Odyssey & 2003 Suburban Windshields

Post by jasper custom »

Never heard of that brand but have used what u have and I agree that I've noticed a lot of distortion and waves in it pgw and pilkington are both very good cheap glass has its place I put it in a lot of cars for used car dealers to keep cost down but I've also found that no matter what glass u buy there has been a lot of distortion in all of them lately