One technician setting tools

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
BGS
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

One technician setting tools

Post by BGS »

Hey all I`m a newbie here but am a Master Certified Tech 30+ years. I own and operate my mobile replacement business in California USA. I have worn myself out doing my job and am now looking to add either the "lil Buddy" or "Solo neo" and would really like to hear some feedback on the pros & cons of the 2 from the people that have used them. from a visual and mechanical standpoint the Solo appears a better built system in that the bar is not telescopic but ???? for the sake of the folks that read here please share your thoughts and experience with these tools. Thanks , JJ
BGS

Re: One technician setting tools

Post by BGS »

I will be trying out the lil buddy , how come no-one replies here ?
Pyrovans

Post by Pyrovans »

Been useing a little buddy for about 3 years now recomend it. It does come with its learning curve and you do have to remove 95 percent of cowls but when you get it down i can set a window on a lifted top kick 5500 with out straning or pulling a muscle. Hardest learning curves would be certain vw and bmw glass that has to slide under the hood and fender.
Windshield911

Post by Windshield911 »

I have some Aegis suction cups for sale if you'd like. Used about 15 times, $110.
kennycrane

Post by kennycrane »

I use the AEGIS SOLO Windshield setting tool, could not operate without it. Took a few tries to get the feel of how things work but Wow! what a helper it has proven to be. Tool is a bit pricey but I use it everyday for couple years now. Highly recommend. :D
benswindshieldrepair

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

One man show here. I use the Lil' buddy and it works very well. I highly recommend it. I think I might have an outdated version compared to what they offer now, but still, it is a very efficient tool!