post edits

This area is to offer suggestions and to provide feedback on the Windshield Repair Forum. Please do not use this area to discuss forum rules or to complain about forum actions in regards to post or users. Posts will be removed that do not follow this
glassdoctor

post edits

Post by glassdoctor »

I was going to make a wise crack idea for fun, no pun indended... but I actually do have something I would like to see.

All the other forums I have posted on allow some form of editing to your own posts. Even if you only have a limited time frame to do so... like just a few minutes. When you have dumb typos or forgot to mention something, etc... it's nice to be able to quickly add to or edit your own comments.

I know this can create it's own problems when it's abused and this may be why we can't edit anything.

I also know it's not a big deal and it's not eccessary if you proof read your post etc, BUT... :D I would like it anyway.

Poof! Done! :)

Idea #2: Free candy for every 10 posts, fedex overnight express.

Done! :)
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: post edits

Post by Delta Kits »

glassdoctor wrote: All the other forums I have posted on allow some form of editing to your own posts. Even if you only have a limited time frame to do so... like just a few minutes. When you have dumb typos or forgot to mention something, etc... it's nice to be able to quickly add to or edit your own comments.

I know this can create it's own problems when it's abused and this may be why we can't edit anything.
That's exactly why it hasn't happened yet. It can cause some pretty good sized problems. BUT

Poof! Done! :) Emeril's got his BAM thing, I guess i've got mine now :)

Actually, as with a few things around here, there is a threshold for posts you've made and time you've been a member. Once those have been hit, you'll be able to edit your posts for 15 minutes, and thread titles for 5.

That work?

Oh, and for every 10 posts, you can come by our office for the free candy! :)
Delta Kits, Inc.
GlasWeldTech
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: post edits

Post by GlasWeldTech »

How about an autographed picture of Jeff in front of his scooter? Keep the candy.Man what a rack?