Awkward Situation While Doing Repairs?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GFD77

Re: possible start up

Post by GFD77 »

I would like to ask a serious job related question.....Has anyone ever been in an awkward situation with the opposite *** when repairing a windshield? if so how was it handled?
GlasWeldTech
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlasWeldTech »

What are you calling awkward? Need to emphasize more. Maybe we can help then.
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

GFD77 wrote:I would like to ask a serious job related question.....Has anyone ever been in an awkward situation with the opposite *** when repairing a windshield? if so how was it handled?
Perhaps this should be posted as a new thread, under a new heading?
Delta Kits

Post by Delta Kits »

gold star wsr wrote:Perhaps this should be posted as a new thread, under a new heading?
Done......
Delta Kits, Inc.
GFD77

Re: Awkward Situation While Doing Repairs?

Post by GFD77 »

unexpected or unwanted advances....this is assuming that the WSR tech is making house calls to repair windshields.

Also, what is the driving distance limit WSR tech's place on their calls?
Sneck

Post by Sneck »

I don't count the miles. If it seems too far, have the customer meet you half way.
A single job might take me anywhere from 1-mile to 20 miles (one way). But almost all are within 1 to 5 miles (one way).

As far as unexpected or unwanted advances... it's never happened to me. But if it did, I guess I would just play stupid, or change the subject or something. Stay focused on getting the repair done and get the heck outa there!
dgarza

Post by dgarza »

this is gonna open up a huge can O worms!
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Sneck
You must not look as good as I do ( maybe its my size 15/16 shoes?)
GFD I get the open ended questions on a regular basis people in general are bored some will say or do something unexpected just to see your reaction. If you are not interested pretend you didnt hear it If you are play along. Thats why I work for myself lifes too short to get worked up because someone may have said or done something that made you uncomfortable.
Just dont put yourself in the position where you could be accused of something. if you are at someones home dont go inside if the cars in the garage ask them to open the door just use common sense.
I once had a woman show up to the door topless and just acted like i didnt notice did the repair and went home(did leave my dremil in the driveway by accident though at that one) Again regardless of what you do for work the wierd stuff may happen you should hear some of the stories the UPS guys have
Windshield Guy

Post by Windshield Guy »

LOLOLOLOL

I thought your story was bad enough til you chipped in about the UPS guys...lmao
GlassStarz wrote:Sneck
You must not look as good as I do ( maybe its my size 15/16 shoes?)
GFD I get the open ended questions on a regular basis people in general are bored some will say or do something unexpected just to see your reaction. If you are not interested pretend you didnt hear it If you are play along. Thats why I work for myself lifes too short to get worked up because someone may have said or done something that made you uncomfortable.
Just dont put yourself in the position where you could be accused of something. if you are at someones home dont go inside if the cars in the garage ask them to open the door just use common sense.
I once had a woman show up to the door topless and just acted like i didnt notice did the repair and went home(did leave my dremil in the driveway by accident though at that one) Again regardless of what you do for work the wierd stuff may happen you should hear some of the stories the UPS guys have
dgarza

Post by dgarza »

are you sure you left that dremel by accident?