Hey Im ready...

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
acro_ryder

Hey Im ready...

Post by acro_ryder »

Hey guys. I just wanted to say that i ordered repair kit today from . I also got my business cards ready to print, sales tax ID number, state license, and my company name already. Im getting excited. Im just wondering if there is any tips on how to get customers, like should i advertise, " Free Windshield repair for a Week"?........ Just to get my name out, and get people's attention? Also, im a little confused on the insurance networks how it works. But other than that, im starting this as a part-time business. So, im fresh, but its not my only income, but soon will be. So any input would be awesome! Thanks. Adam.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Hey Im ready...

Post by screenman »

Get some proper training and carry out at least 100 practise repairs making sure a lot of them are full of water before you start the repair, this will get you more used to real life repairs. Then you can think about starting to do customers work.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
John62

Post by John62 »

Quote;
''Removed company name. This company will not ''allow'' their company name in the forum at all, ever''.
This name had to be removed by Delta Kits ..... so it wasn't Delta Kits who supplied Acro Ryder.
Although we, the forum readers and users, don't know the reasons for this, it sounds pathetic to me, what a laugh that is!
What do they have to hide? Is the product or service they provide crap?
This is a free world and there is FREEDOM OF SPEECH right?
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

John,

The reason the name was removed is just as Jeff stated. That particular manufacturer does not want their name mentioned. Jeff can correct me if my memory isn't clear, but I do believe that that manufacturer actually threatened litigation against Delta for allowing their name to be mentioned.
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Delta Kits »

John,

Not sure if you're asking if Delta Kits has something to hide, or if the snipped company does. Whether our product is "crap," or the snipped company.

Anyway, I can assure you that our products are not crap. :)

That company, as Dave said, was pretty uh...adamant about not having their name mentioned on this or other forums, so we've decided to honor that "request."
Delta Kits, Inc.
John62

Post by John62 »

Hi Jeff,
No, I wouldn't ..... even dare .... to think that Delta Kits had supplied Acro Ryder. But if I'm correct, Acro Ryder mentioned some two weeks ago, that he had received your information package. He obviously did not purchase your products. No hard feelings. This is a free world. I do appologise for any confusion. And yes; Delta Kits' products are good.
(Still pathetic to try to be in control over a name or its products/services, but that's only my opinion)
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

John62 wrote: (Still pathetic to try to be in control over a name or its products/services, but that's only my opinion)
John,

I strongly agree with you on this point.

However, it is not Deltakits, but the manufacturer of the "other" product that has expressed, (firmly), their desire to control public conversation regarding their products.

As for the classic "Freedom of Speech" appeal, this does not apply to private entities.

Suppose you hire and train a new wsr technician.

You send them out on jobs.

You then find out that they are telling your customers that you are grossing some 50 bucks profit per repair and that, your employee, offers to repair their ws for 15 bucks, on the side.

Personally, I would fire that employee.

However, if that employee can "truly" excercise the right to "free speach," and you "truly" believe that this is a given right, then terminating this employee would be "out of the question?" Remember, they are speaking freely;)?
CPR

Post by CPR »

Hey, this is one of the most liberal boards I have seen. We talk about equipment from many of Delta's competitors without bias. This is just a situation where one supplier does not want to see it's name here, end of story. Sounds to me they dont like the comments on thier products when nobody else is concerned with it. I wonder why ????????????????????
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I believe it shows the character that Delta Kits has as a company. They are tolerant if not willing to let the other companies be discussed. I commend them for taking that stance. As long as there is no outright advertizing for another company by one of their representatives, I think that Delta Kits has chosen to be above board in this respect. They even discuss the fact that a competitor owns ACT but still recommended it. How can anyone say that is not at the very least "fair".

If a competitor chooses not to be "named" on the Delta Kits forum, they should have that request granted. Jeff does a great job monitoring this forum in my opinion. He seems to make an honest effort to be as forthcoming as he can be.

Once again, Jeff, and Delta Kits, I commend you for offering this forum in a manner which allows us to discuss other companies as options. Thank you.
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

We got off course here. The OP was asking for advice as a newbie. Let's all see how we can help him.

Acro:
The most important part of this business is getting trained and then practice, practice, practice. Research the archives here for as much information as you can absorb. Keep asking questions, and glean from the experience you find here. I wish you success in this most wonderful business.