fw2313

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
CV Windshield Repair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

fw2313

Post by CV Windshield Repair »

Any advice on what I need to know before this BMW comes in would be appreciated.
Don Boccafola

Re: fw2313

Post by Don Boccafola »

I don't totaly remove the cowl. The passenger wiper can be removed with care. The wiper arms are a cast aluminum and will snap if pried up too hard (I found out the hard way). The aluminum arm and the steel wiper shaft kind of weld together and will only seperate if heated with a torch. The drivers side wiper has like a knurled pad that the wiper arm bolts down to. I haven't been able to get them off. It's not a big deal though. As long as you get the passenger side wiper off the cowl can be pulled up and I cut a piece of plastic tip and stick it under the cowl on the drivers side while I set the shield. The rain sensor had a little slide clip on both sides that pulls out and it comes right off. This vehicle like most German vehicles does require a high modulus urethane. I am now using Essex One which is a high mod urethane. It's realy not as bad of a job as it sounds.