cracks repair

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: Vin Etching

Post by Anonymous »

hi i repair the windshield since 96, in italy and since than i have got the problem to repair the cracks because the resin not was good. now i got news resins but i have the same problem . i fix it and the look is great but after same months the crack are look like before. i work in that way i make drill hole in the end of crack and that i put crack jack and than i fill by resin . but later it change color, maybe is problem the weather is too humid ? or what u think is the problem ? because same repair are perfect and other one are not like this after same months! whit cips and breaks i have not problem but whit cracks yes. any one have same ideas about my question? thanks
Anonymous

cracks repair

Post by Anonymous »

FIRST, I WOULD LOOK FOR ANOTHER TYPE OF RESIN.
MAYBE THE RESIN ISN'T STRONG ENOUGH.
ASK THE COSTUMER HOW OLD THE CRACK IS.
THE OLDER THE CRACK IS, THE HARDER IT IS, TO INSURE THE COSTUMER THAT THE CRACK WON'T OPEN AGAIN. DIRT SETTLES IN THE CRACK AND THE RESIN HAS A HARD TIME MINDING TO THE GLASS. YOU CAN ONLY INSURE YOUR COSTUMER THAT IT WON'T SPREAD ANY FURTHER. DRILLING A HOLE AT THE END WON'T STOP IT. THE RESIN WILL. MAKE SURE THE TIP OF THE CRACK FILLS WITH RESIN. THE TIP IS USEALY THE CLEANEST OF THE WHOLE CRACK.
IF YOU CAN STOP THE CRACK FROM SPREADING, THEN YOU SAVED HIM FROM HAVING TO BUY A NEW WINDSHIELD.

STOP-THAT-CRACK

CRACKBRO
Anonymous

Re: cracks repair

Post by Anonymous »

The reason your crack repairs don't hold up is because you are using the wrong kind of resin. Chip resin isn't designed to hold a crack together...it doesn't have the tensile strength.

Removed company specifics per company's request

Edited by: deltakits Image at: 6/27/03 6:45 am
Anonymous

Re: cracks repair

Post by Anonymous »

hi gold sierra 47 u can give me the address of resin u use? and than i can even try did u have same resin to suggest to me?thanks