cure times

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
GLASS NINJA

cure times

Post by GLASS NINJA »

Hello all, just wondering if anyone out there knows the "ultimate" cure times for "Sikatack ultrafast II". I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I haven"t been able to get an answer from Sika. I know the safe min drive away times, but I want to make rear view mirror hangers advising customers not to slam doors, pressure wash etc...:eusa_thin
sydfloyd44

Re: cure times

Post by sydfloyd44 »

There can be so many variations to this that any answer anyone gives you can easily be questionable. Depending on where you are, you could have a hot, dry day and a cool damp night. (or vice versa) Different cure rates at different times of the day. SDAT begins at the time of set.
We simply ask the customer to avoid pressure wash for 24 hours. (we are using MOVE IT from Sika)
bill4117

Post by bill4117 »

"ultimate" or 100% cure time can take weeks or more. Ive pulled windshields that had damp spots after 6 months. As a rule I don't bother cracking open the side windows if Im using 1 hour safe drive urethane since (like sika ASAP) after 5 minutes you cant budge that shield anyway, and i use 48 hours on any pressure wash.
AGSS

Post by AGSS »

GLASS NINJA

Post by GLASS NINJA »

thanks for the input all. I was kinda hoping that there would be a chart for the ultimate cures similar to the sdt chart, but i guess i'll use 48 hrs just to be safe. thanks again.
tazzzman

Post by tazzzman »

GLASS NINJA wrote:thanks for the input all. I was kinda hoping that there would be a chart for the ultimate cures similar to the sdt chart, but i guess i'll use 48 hrs just to be safe. thanks again.
complete curing is pending on temperature & humidity, however you ight want to try sika ASAP for a quicker release time(it comes in a 'super pack' w/primers), or if you are cost concious, the new DRIVE is excellent.