marketing ? how to

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
gaf

resin won't flow

Post by gaf »

Hi all,
I am trying to figure something out, I have been doing wholesale work for years off and on and now I am trying to get more into retail. I read a marketing book on wsr and one of their ideas was to set up a day with large companies and do repairs for their employees, kind of a benefit the company can offer for practically nothing. I have a few large companies that I think I can get in with but I do not know how to handle pulling their emplolyees away from work to conference them in with their ins. co. to get aproval for the repair. Is there anyone here who uses this approach and if so how do you do it? Thanks in advance for your answers. If you need more of an explanation let me know.
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

done this in the past, but not with wsr.

While companies seem to like to offer their employees good deals/extra benefits, especially when it costs the company nothing, they hate to lose productivity time.

With one company, I coordinated with their Human Resources and Payroll and I simply provided them with enough copies of my flyer to attach to everybodys paycheck. Another company just distributed my media to all of their employees. In both cases, I made it very clear in my media that any questions regarding my product/service should be directed to me and not to their HR/Benefits department.
cracker

Post by cracker »

I've had some success with this. Just haven't done alot of this.

Once you get a company that'll do this set up a date for the work. Have the HR person do an e-mail blast in selected intervals.

Set it up for about 2 weeks out and have the hr person do an announcement that you'll be there on DATE. In that e-mail tell people that you will do insurance work and get all of the insurance info handled BEFORE you arrive.

Have the hr person send that same e-mail again 7 days out. Then 2 days before send out a final announcement and all insurance claims must be handled before you show up.

Then show up and do the work. Also have a sign up sheet and flyer set up by the reception desk with their name and ext # with a a choice of doing the work for insurance or cash. Check that sign up sheet every couple of days.

Here's what happens. Some people won't want to wait till you get there so you'll be doing work for people who don't want to wait. Also people who didn't have rock chip damage when you first made the announcement will need your service on the day of your arrival and want to get it done. So just do it and if you're doing cash offer a price of $39.95 for the group discount.

I had one hr person so excited about offering my service that over the 2 week period I did 39 jobs with 12 being completed on the scheduled day. This method works if you have a cooperative hr person. It sucks when they don't promote it.
gaf

Post by gaf »

Thanks for the advice that is a GREAT idea