What States require windshield inspection each year?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Buddy

Post by Buddy »

Guess my title said it all. :roll: Just wondering if anyone has a list of states that require windshields in their yearly vehicle inspections.

Thanks!

Buddy
DaveC

What States require windshield inspection each year?

Post by DaveC »

You may actually want to even further clarify as some states may not require inspection, but some cities/townships within the state may.

Example; while TN does NOT have mandatory inspections, the City of Memphis does.
Buddy

Post by Buddy »

My brother lives in TN, and he was telling me of all the bad windshields he sees because of no inspections in his area. I assumed wrong that there would be a state law that covers all. Thanks for the info!

Buddy
SGT
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Didn't know that...

Post by SGT »

Buddy,

I can't comment on all states but the PA motor vehicle code requires a vehicle inspection once per year which incorporates the vehicle glazing. I would check the paticular location you are concerned with for codes or requirements. This should be available on line with a little digging.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Buddy,

I've just recently moved to Tennessee and can assure you that the bad windshields have less to do with a lack of statewide inspection and more to do with the fact that very few people know how to drive;)
CarGlass

Post by CarGlass »

NC does.... from 1972 up to 1995 all vehicles will need original factory equipment on the vehicle (working or not), and will get a tail pipe test done for emission inspection,,, 1996 up to current will get computer plug in emission inspection,, this is for the 5 or so county's that require emission inspection,,,,, county's that do not require emission testing will get a saftey inspection test dont which is the usuall vehicle inspection of lights, horn, blinkers, ect ......... hope this helps...... keith.. the CarGlass Co.
impact

NVS

Post by impact »

The great state of Louisiana has yearly vehicle inspections, and they dont play when it comes to a crack over 10"

Scott

Sudden Impact Windshield Repair LLC
gold star wsr

marketing

Post by gold star wsr »

New Mexico has NO inspection whatsoever on private vehicle. There are laws on the books regarding windshield cracks, but these are generally ignored. One of my neighbors was pulled over by a rio rancho officer about 4 years ago, and warned not to come into that city again until he had a new windshield. He still has the same cracked glass & drives through there every day to go to work. Vehicles providing transportation for hire (city buses, school buses, tour buses, shuttles, limo's, taxi's, etc) & interstate trucks I think have to pass DOT inspections. Some are interested in wsr, others just replace. My husband drives for a national frieght hauler. They dont ever get repairs... they have a contract with a glass company to replace...some ridiculously low price.