Why Repair Instead Of Replace!!!!!!!!!!

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Coitster »

Hey everyone,
I thought that maybe for sales purposes we should list some of the reasons why a person should choose to get their windshield repaired instead of replaced. This would be a great chance to brainstorm and come up with sales ideas that we all can use.

1. Saves $$$$$ over having to replace a windshield. Most windshield replacements cost between $190 to $600 dollars.
2. Saves the factory seal, that seal can never be duplicated. Windshields that are replaced have a chance of leaking or not being able to hold the airbags in, in the even of a roll over. Keeps the factory structural integrity intact.
3. FREE with insurance in most cases. Insurance companies will repair so that they don't have to replace for a ton of reasons.
4. Improved visiblity, chips can clear up anywhere from 50% to 95%

Ok, I know there are more reasons, I am just kinda braindead right now. Please start adding to the list.
David
Coitster
Glass
mr. P's Mobile Detail

Post by mr. P's Mobile Detail »

1. I need the money!

no really:

repair that chip now before it thrns into a crack and forces you to replace due to loss in stirength and causes fuzzy vision.

mr. P
gaf

Post by gaf »

don't forget the down time sometimes with a replacement you have to wait 24 hours to drive we're done in 20-30 minutes.

What about no rusting around the "new windshield"
DaveC

pgh

Post by DaveC »

X) GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT - Windshields cannot be recycled.