My 2 Cents worth about Fleet Business Hope it helps

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Repair1

Post by Repair1 »

Ok you ask what I do and how I do it as far as getting and keeping Dealer & Fleet business I
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Chat room

Post by Coitster »

Hey Brian,
Thanks for the info on fleet accounts. I havn't never really went after them, sounds like you got the program down cold. Looks really good.
David
Coitster
Glass
gaf

great post

Post by gaf »

what is your average repair pricing for fleets and what is the average payment terms? how long do you wait for a check?
Repair1

Building a retail business

Post by Repair1 »

Usually it takes 30 to 45 days to get my money I watch my recievables very close try not to see much over 60 days thats when I get mean :twisted:

As far as pricing goes man thats one thing we NEVER want to talk about :| It really depends on the market and the account there all so diffrent. You can have a $50.00 swing in the same market diffrent account. You just need to ask around I was told years ago by a great sales person JUST ASK you ill be amazed...

I do know you don't have to give your service away :!: :!:

Happy repairing

Brian
gaf

down time

Post by gaf »

I definately will not give my services away I have already walked out of some dealerships when they start trying to beat me up. They say that it is all about price, I think it's all about quality.
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

am I missing the forest

Post by Coitster »

Hey Guys,
Does anyone else have any idea's for getting fleet business??
David
Coitster
Glass
desertstars

forest and trees

Post by desertstars »

Thanks Repair 1.

I'm putting together something for Coitster concerning fleets that he previously requested.

Many of the points you made we have already been practicing for 16 years.

And then some just as I can tell you also have some "then somes" to add.

Perhaps after some tweaking, we can put the subject of fleet accounts to rest by submitting a treatise that the entire board can refer to when a newbie wants answers.

When I complete my version, I'll send it by email to Coitster who can send it on to you.

When we finialize it, we can then post and new questions concerning fleet accounts etc can be referred to that post.

Of course, that's not intended to discount any new ideas that may be suggested.

But fleets are simple...

How do we get "em and how do we keep 'em.

Did you really start doing repairs back around 1979 or did I mis-read or did you mis-type?
Repair1

Post by Repair1 »

Your right they are simple all they want is GOOD QUALITY SERVICE AND REPAIRS... I would love to help anyway I can feel free to email me.

Yes I did my first repair in 1979 man has it come a long ways. Been in they glass business since 1978 have always loved the repair side of it so much I made it my full time job it has been good to me I must say...

Happy Repairing
Brian