New Delta Kits Factory Trained & Certified WSR Technicians

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

New Delta Kits Factory Trained & Certified WSR Technicians

Post by Kgobin »

On behalf of everyone here at Delta Kits Inc., I would like to sincerely congratulate everyone on their recent accomplishment of becoming a Delta Kits certified windshield repair technicians. Delta Kits hope to provide you with the best products and service for some time to come.
Attachments
Delta Kits Factory Training and Certification Course.pdf
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 273 times
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
SGT
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: New Delta Kits Factory Trained & Certified WSR Technicians

Post by SGT »

Congratulations everyone. Best of chips in the future. If I can help in some way, just reach out.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
everest_4

Post by everest_4 »

There should be a certified instructor here in the east that could train and certify other people. Please consider that at Delta Kits. Thank-you
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

We appreciate your suggestion. At Delta Kits we are always looking to offer new and innovative services. We will be on the East Coast in January in Clear Water, Florida. We are also considering how best to strengthen our presence on the East Coast.

Korey Gobin
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
SGT

Post by SGT »

everest_4 wrote:There should be a certified instructor here in the east that could train and certify other people. Please consider that at Delta Kits. Thank-you
I am not a MFG "Certified Trainer" who would have the capability to issue you a MFG certificate but I certainly have the qualifications to provide you with the Delta Kits knowledge base and skills to establish a good repair foundation to build on. I could offer you a certificate from Safe Glass Technologies, I understand it does not bear the same credibility but if paper is important I could give you that. If I can help just let me know. You are about 90 min aqway from me.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

Brian,

Regarding the certifications that you list at the bottom of each post, what are the differences between each one pertaining to windshield repair? If they are not different, why bother to get certified through different entities, isn't one certification good enough?
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

I am pleased to see that so many people, both new and old, with the economy as it is, took the effort to be trained. Keep the long term in mind.
SGT

Post by SGT »

Hey Dave,

Delta Kits Certification- provides the technician with the Delta Kits reccomended practices to develope a proficient skill base to build upon which will provide a strong foundation and confidence level.

NGA and NWRA Certifications- both focus on the Repair Of Laminated Auto Glass Standard and provide you with a knowlege base as to what is required to be compliant with the current standard. The programs do have differences in course ciriculum outside the scope of the standard though.

You ask why would I get certified?

Well, first let me say up front being certified does not mean you are a good technician. As long as you meet the criteria for taking the test, anyone good at taking tests could pass. Coming from a highly regulated aviation industry, I have had to take many, many written tests, oral tests and practical tests to obtain my airframe and powerplant licenses and aircraft fleet specific certifications so I beleive certification provides credibility and shows a certainl level of knowledge, commitment to your trade, high level of ethics, quality standards and customer safety. Beyond that I took both certification tests for the WRO as well. I thought it would factor in somehow. While I do believe, and I may be wrong, I did have the most certifications of all competitors I do not think it mattered in hindsight for the competition.

Do you need to be certified?

Absolutely not. There are no repair police running around to stop you. I am sure there are terrific technician doing great work in good faith everyday who are not certified, will never get certified and have never even visted this forum. That being said, insurance work in the near future may show preference to a shop or technician who is certified if the customer does not have a shop preference. Who knows what may be coming down the pike legislatively or other as well.

Do you need one or both?

Well I guess we all have to decide what is best for ourselves so only you can determine that. For me, my attention to detail on all levels may actually be a negative character trait at times but as the NWRA and NGA keep trying to promote existing certified technicians, real value may be realized in having all certifications so I have both. If you could only get one certification, I would go with the NWRA as it is the body that is working in our favor. I know some feel otherwise and we might find more benefit if we all took a more proactive role in our industry which means getting involved outside of this forum. If we want change we have to be part of it.

Sorry if I got off track there a little. Just giving everyone my insight. If you decide to take any certifications and need help, just PM me.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

Thanks Brian,
Very informative and exactly what I was looking for.
everest_4

Post by everest_4 »

Brian,

Thank-you for the offer, that seems to be the route I want to go once I decide to dive into this. I'll be keeping you posted.