Continuation of "Checking the competition"

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
D2D

Continuation of "Checking the competition"

Post by D2D »

In another thread, "checking the competition", Screenman said,

I wonder what enough is, this will certainly be a completely differnt amount for all of us.

When you take a systematic and disciplined approach to this or any service business you will find out that "enough" for you is whatever you decide it is.

Many people in this day and age would be overwhelmed with joy if they could make $100/day consistently. So many out there that have been laid off and downsized. That $90K per year job is gone, and, "oh, and we pissed away the retirement fund while we were at it", and the only thing they can find is 8-10 bucks an hour with no benefits.

The "personal services arena" is where the real opportunities exist for "us real people". It also forms the basis of my theory and very strong opinion that the traditional "employer/employee" relationship has become functionally obsolete. More on that in future postings.

Remember, I started WSR when I barely had 2 nickels to rub together. I went out and made calls, knocked doors, and was persistent because I knew for certain that the money is "there" in windshield repair. Everywhere around me are cars with chipped windshields and I can provide a good sense solution to the problem. I just have to go out and tell folks about it.

What's the difference if your offered service is anything else. As long as you have the technical skill to accomplish consistently good quality results. Then it all comes down to identifying your market. Who are they? Where are they? How do I reach them? How many a day/week/month do I have to reach and do business with to achieve my financial needs/goals?

If you can walk upright and speak in complete sentences, LOL, you will do business with at least 1 out of 4 people that you talk to.

If you need $100 per day at an average of $50 per repair:
You need to sell 2 per day
This means that you have to talk to 8 people that you've determined need your service.

From this you extend it out if you need more.

I know these examples have been shown before, but, how many of us actually use this formula as a tool?

When I close my eyes at night, I visualize a blackboard with the number $400.00 written on it. In the morning I see that number in my head and go out to work. Each idle moment I'm "seeing the number" and breathing into it.
Each time I do a repair, I subtract the amount of the repair from the number on the board.
Then I visualize and breath that number. And I just keep subtracting until I get to zero.

I absolutely guarantee this process works.

There is even a "downside" to this. It's "self limiting". For all you know, you could have made another couple hundred if you would've just worked another hour. But, what the heck, I've made $400, let's go get a cold one!

But it's all good