Finally Good Leads

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
losangelesfairfax

Re: Finally Good Leads

Post by losangelesfairfax »

how do i get in touch with this marketing person?
I'm Jay
mrchips

Post by mrchips »

For those do-it-yourselfers.......here's how to do it: IT'S A WHOLE LOT SIMPLER THAN IT SOUNDS, REALLY!

You need a webpage (A simple, cheap cost, one page website, no more is needed - more on this in a bit)
you need a URL address (somewhere for your page to sit....like, dallaschiprepair.com - I'll tell you how to get one for under 20 bucks)
You need a phone (I assume you have one)
You need an email address (sign up with Google and get a separate "GMAIL" email address for this)
You need an adwords account with Google (its FREE) IMPORTANT IT'S SET UP CORRECTLY)
You need to write a few simple ads (I'll show you how)
You need to target JUST the GEO location your serve or want to serve (I'll show you how)

Print this out or make a list of your own

Here's the steps:
1. SET UP A WEBSITE: Set up a ONE PAGE WEBSITE (Google "one page website templates") with your basic info, i.e. company name, what you do, a few photos about repairs (these "templates" can be free from the web)
Make sure your site is easy to read and has........a call to action on it, like "call today to schedule your repair" and/or, "Contact us to schedule your repair NOW"

To set up a simple one page website for repairs, Google "windshield repair" and see what your competition is doing. Pattern your new site after theirs (we call it cloning) make it YOUR site with YOUR stuff. If you dont know how to get and use a one page site, (or dont want to) ask around locally for a designer to design you a "simple one page template site" or Google that and find someone. It should not cost you more than 50-200 dollars tops! KEEP IT SIMPLE. For that price you can have a GREAT ONE PAGE SITE......Make it look GOOD........look around and DO NOT PAY A LOT. It isn't necessary!

2. FIND A GREAT WEB ADDRESS: Go to http://www.instantdomainsearch.com and find a good URL (web address). You can buy them directly there (they give you a few choices, I like Godaddy) You shouldn't pay more than 10-15 bucks for a whole year. TIP: make sure the name has the words "windshieldrepair" in it if you can (it'll help down the road for others to find you organically - more on that later), for example, bobswindshieldrepair or dallaswindshieldrepair. The one you want may not be available, so keep trying and find a simple one if you can.

3. SET UP A GOOGLE EMAIL ADDRESS: Type in "gmail" and follow STEPS to set one up (use this when you set up your FREE google adwords account)

4. SET UP A GOOGLE ADWORDS ACCOUNT: Go to http://www.adwords.google.com. Follow the steps and set up a "WINDSHIELD REPAIR" account. Here's the critical TIPS:
[*]Under budget options heading,
a)choose a small budget to begin with (google allows you to choose a daily amount)
b)choose "Accelerated"
[*]Under Network and bidding heading,
a)CHECK the following: GOOGLE SEARCH, SEARCH PARTNERS, POSITION PREFERENCES (UNDER THIS YOU WANT TO CHOOSE POSITION 4-7 NOT 1, 2, OR 3 People who choose 1-3 pay sometimes double what you will pay in position 4-7 and stats show just as many see and choose those in position 4-7 - this tip alone will save you big time)
b)UNCHECK the following: THE CONTENT NETWORK (Make SURE this box is unchecked)
c)CHECK the following: Desktop and laptop computers and iphones and other mobile devices
[*]Under Scheduling and serving,
a)UNCHECK run at selected times
b)CHECK Optimize
[*]Under target audience
a)check targeting locations THIS IS WHERE YOU CHOOSE YOUR LOCAL AREA........SUPER IMPORTANT, YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR ADS THAT SHOW UP IN DALLAS IF YOU ARE IN LA. HERE IS WHERE YOU CAN CHOOSE CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE OR EVEN A TARGETED MILE RADIUS AROUND A CERTAIN ZIP CODE........THIS IS CRITICAL

5. HAVE PRESELECTED KEYWORDS READY. You can go to https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal and use Google's tool to help you choose the proper keywords, but I would start with a couple simple basic ones, i.e. windshield repair, chip repair, (remember since you are specifying a location, like dallas or dade county (in number 4 above) your ads will only show up when someone in those locations type in the keywords you select. How cool is that? Later you can select more keywords and keyword phrases, like "chip repair in dallas" for example.

6. WRITE A FEW ADS. Go to google and type in "windshield repair" look at the existing ads.......clone the ones at the top, point them to your site and there you are! (no need to reinvent the wheel) Just remember, to make the ads simple and eye catching!. I suggest you run 2 ads for each keyword, that way you can test which ones are more effective......sometimes even one word will make a difference in how many people click on your ad.

These are the basics.............once your account with google ad words is set up (it's free to set up) the tracking will be automatic and tell you day by day, what is working and what isn't

Also, this whole process of setting up an account can be done in about 30 minutes (if you already have a website, if you don't that may take you a day or so to set up....no longer)

REMEMBER IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE COMPLICATED AT ALL.................DON'T MAKE IT COMPLICATED!

Once your account is set up with Google, Your ads will show up within minutes -- on page one of each search!! Now that's cool!

Good Luck......YOU SHOULD SEE RESULTS IMMEDIATELY
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

MR Chips
I do thank you for this info... I already printed this out. I am looking at the adwords and will see what I need to change on my account. I do need to get my own web page and set it up. I have been plucking around using MS pub to make a page up...

Thanks again...
Just Chippen Away
just chippen away

The only thing that has me lost is:

[*]Under Network and bidding heading,
a)CHECK the following: GOOGLE SEARCH, SEARCH PARTNERS, POSITION PREFERENCES (UNDER THIS YOU WANT TO CHOOSE POSITION 4-7 NOT 1, 2, OR 3 People who choose 1-3 pay sometimes double what you will pay in position 4-7 and stats show just as many see and choose those in position 4-7 - this tip alone will save you big time)[/i]

Your screen must of been a little different than mine.. You had me jumping around the page and finding most of the info worded differently but I found most all...

I will see what this can do. I was able to set the times my add was running, and I just set it to 6am - 9pm. It may be a short time frame but I am looking for the ones that get to work or are at work or just get home while it is fresh in there minds... Not the insomniacs.

This has given me a better light on this site... I will monitor it a see what happens.
Just Chippen Away
mrchips

Post by mrchips »

Dear Just Chippin Away.....

To clear up the position preferences issue, you can access those items on the keyword page also.......don't have in front of me now, but look on the screen where you monitor your keywords (in Google adwords) and look for the heading "position" you should be able to choose a low and high (like 4-7 position) for each keyword. Don't bid for the position 1-3, you'll be throwing away good money.

Clear as mud?

Hope it helps.........if you have more questions feel free to let me know. Using the location feature (geo) and the positioning, you will see a huge difference and be able to control just where you want to go.........As far as time goes, you are probably okay with the hours you chose. Remember if no one "clicks" on your ad, it won't cost you a nickel, even if you run it round the clock.

Good Luck again.

Happy Chippin!
chris b.

Post by chris b. »

hi tracy 5963. i hope you are still viewing these! would like some info because i am thinking about a web page myself. can you give out the name of the lady who helped you and your cost? i am in texas so hopefully no conflicting competition.
just chippen away

It is funny,
Repair windshield has 3 clicks and 124 impressions,
while windshield repair has 0 clicks and 74 impressions.
The speaking terms are making a difference.

I also glass repair, repair glass, stone chip, rock chip, crack repair, and all have 0 clicks... and maybe some impressions...

Drifting subject

Is there no one else using the internet to try to help them self's?

Type in windshield repair, then your city or town. Look to see who is working the internet in your city or town. Follow suit. Don't be blind saying I can't seem to get any work.... It may be because folks are using the internet for there source of information. You just have to know what to do or how to do it to work for you..

Flyers and B-cards are good, But they only go were you go or to ones you have seen. and most will not pass the word on after 2 weeks if they even do.
Just Chippen Away
mrchips

Post by mrchips »

Ya, great observation JUST CHIPPEN AWAY.........YOU GET IT!!!

If you use Google's free keyword search tool you CAN see where the clicks are coming in from.

Google's tool is fairly accurate (probably 85%+) you can see it here: https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

According to Google, here are some top searched keywords with the amount of daily searches in the US from December 2009 (THEY ONLY SHOW THE PREVIOUS MONTHS TRAFFIC):

KEYWORD / DAILY SEARCH NUMBER IN US

windshield repair 246,000
windshield crack repair 27,100
repair chip windshield 22,200
auto windshield repair 12,100
winshield (Misspelled just like this) got 4,400

and related search terms:

windshield 2,740,000
auto glass 1,220,000
glass repair 450,000
auto glass repair 201,000
chip repair 49,500
windshield chip 27,100

what this shows is that there is activity on the web.

The beauty of being on the web is that you can "SURFACE AMONG" the existing traffic. You don't have to educate anyone, try to sell anyone, JUST SHOW UP WHERE PEOPLE ARE ALREADY LOOKING! And the beauty of showing up in the traffic JUST in your area (which AdWords allows) is the best part!

How Cool is that? I teach a lot about marketing windshield repair, all over the country and this is a great example of a new emerging market that you can take advantage of in your local area for little cost!

Cheers! and Happy Chippin!
Mr Bill
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Mr Bill »

What is your cost per click?
mrchips

Post by mrchips »

For the above listed keywords targeting my city metro area only, according to Google the averages are:

.78 - 6.25 per click depending on keyword

with between 8 -36 clicks per day total

cost per day of ads $28.22 - 50.00

You have to decide in your own area what makes sense to you. If you are paying out 50 a day and doing 2 jobs at 50 each then you are making money. Obviously one job at 50 and you're only breaking even. But, if you are doing 5 jobs a day at 50, grossing 250 from the ads and only paying out 50, then that's what you like to see. In any case, you should monitor your adwords accounts daily and weekly and run the stats that Google provides for free to determine just how your accounts and ads are doing........I am sure it is different in every location.

Good Luck!