State Farm in Texas

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
D2D

Re: State Farm in Texas

Post by D2D »

So far, Texas is the only state, we know of, that WAIVES deductible.

However, there are a few states where the law requires insurance companies to waive deductible for replacement. It's only logical that deductibles would also be waived for repair.

Since State Farm stopped waiving deductibles in Colorado, June of 2006, I've come across a few State Farm insureds that have either a -0- deductible or they have a rider, that they pay extra for, that pays for repair and replacement.

Now, what happens is this, the customer/insured knows that the replacement is free as well as the repair so they opt for the replacement. I've been told on 4 separate occasions, "Screw the repair, I'll just get it replaced", or, "I'll just wait 'till it cracks out and get it replaced". Whatever happened to the debate, or selling point of repair over replacement, that the networks objective as a TPA, was to drive up the percentage of repair over replacement and therefore save money?

If, as some here claim, the muckymucks at the networks actually read this forum, can they not see the absurdity in all this?

I'm not posting this to complain or suggest that State Farm go back to waiving deductibles. There are some of us that advocate a total ending to the absurdity of ANY insurance company waiving deductible for such a minor expense. Any reasonable minded car owner should understand and appreciate the preventive maintenance value of having chips repaired.

And it would serve the purpose of "flushing" the hacks out of a business that should be held with much higher regard.

Or, could it be this has been State Farms attempt to somehow separate itself from the ragtag image that's been perpetrated by the "fly by nights" that literally give their techs more training on how to call in and get an insurance referral than how to do quality repairs, therefore leaving the insureds with a very negative opinion about rock chip repair?

Lynx seems to have made an real effort with the "Metryx" program. BTW, whatever happened with all that? I jumped through all the hoops to get "registered" and have never gotten a single job from it. Although, as a registered Lynx vendor, I have no trouble with Lynx when I and an insured call in for a dispatch.

So, MaxRyde, out of curiosity, what made you think they had stopped waiving deductibles in the entire US?
maxryde
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by maxryde »

Hey D2d, I can appreciate your opinion here, I was under the impression that SF had stopped waiving deducts nation wide. I stand corrected. Thx, Scott
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

80%+ of my Insurance calls are from State Farm, I'm in Austin, TX.......

WAIVED HERE IN AUSTIN.......
ocoma123

Post by ocoma123 »

Im in Pearland,Tx and my agent told me they dont even offer winshield ins.(im form az) So Im assuming they wont pay for it?
State Farm
SanAntonioWindshield

Post by SanAntonioWindshield »

Guys I would like to thank you for providing this information. Previously, beginning so no new to the business, and going on information, I've read I was under the impression that they didn't. That why the members an this forum is so important Again thank you for the clarification.

Steve
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Interesting discussion. I had a State Farm client stop by today, he called SF and described the damage, and was told that they wouldn't pay for it but now that they knew it was there he would have to pay for a replacement on his own if one of the chips should crack out. He is from Illinois. Telling people that they are required to do normal maintenance and repairs or the ins co won't pay sounds like a good policy to me. I am wondering if this will become general policy or if this was just a fluke situation.

I think Minnesota and Florida are zero deductible states, and also Arizona. State mandated zero deductible on glass. I don't have any problems doing SF for Arizona residents. I could be wrong as things change often.
Our Glass

Post by Our Glass »

State Farm waives it in Flordia as well
dallastech

Post by dallastech »

Yes, State Farm does waive deductibles in TX. I deal with them (sigh) every day.
A-1windshieldrepair

Post by A-1windshieldrepair »

I work in Texas right near Houston, State Farm does waive the Deductible.
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

As previously stated in MANY other alike topics, YES...YES...YES.... State Farm in Texas DOES waive the deductible. 90% plus of my referrals are state farm. As long as the customer has full coverage insurance, the repairs will be covered.

When all else fails when you have an Insurance question, just call the Ins Company in question and ask them, they will help you as best as they can.

JustJay-ATX