Rates For Fleet & Dealer Repairs

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
paulrsf
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Rates For Fleet & Dealer Repairs

Post by paulrsf »

1. Recently my Mazda Dealer asked me if I would be interested in handling their customers who need windshield Repair. I would like to give them a referral fee for each job they send my way. I'm curious what per cent or flat amount some of you offer for these types of referrals.
2. While having my car towed :cry: to the Mazda Dealer, the tow truck driver and I got into a conversation and I told him that I do windshield repair. He pointed to a rock chip and then told me he'd be interested in having me maintain a fleet of 15 tow trucks. So far, all of my repairs have been either retail or insurance referrals, so I have no clue what price per repair to charge when it comes to handling corporate/fleet accounts. I know repair prices differ greatly from one location, or state to another. Could someone recommend on a per cent basis the difference between retail and wholesale prices. I can then apply it to my location based on current retail rates.

Thanks for the help.

Paul
Paul R.
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Rates For Fleet & Dealer Repairs

Post by Frank EU »

100% commission, make every day a make a difference day. :D

1> I would not go for a percentage, go for a flat fee. Less hassle, very transparent. Cannot comment on how much. Where are you located?
2> Cannot comment really, too many variables, where are you located?
Ricersux

Post by Ricersux »

I like to keep things in multiples of $20. ATM's only have $20 bills too ;p

I offer a $20 referral fee.

My fleet price is $20 LESS then my retail. However I do NOT offer the fleets a discount for multiple repairs like I do retail.

Don't give your time away, time is money!
-Eric
CLEARVU INC.
Indianapolis, Indiana
paulrsf

Post by paulrsf »

Hi,
Thanks for the replies. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area. Everything here in CA is expensive so rates for services like WSR are also higher on average then from what I am reading about here. I also thought that I would charge about $20 less for Fleet rates than for retail. I'm not sure about the $20. referral fee though. That seems a little steep. Then again, I would rather get more referrals and pay out a better referral fee than not getting as many referrals. It's not so easy to figure this out....

One more thing, while I think about it -When it comes to fleet accounts are you using some sort of signed agreement or service contract or is it just a verbal agreement?

Paul
Paul R.
Ricersux

Post by Ricersux »

Fleets tend to find vendors they like and they stick with them. Getting a contract is pretty uncommon in my experience. Do a good job at a fair rate and customer loyalty comes with it, feet and retail.

Everything I've done is with a good old fashioned handshake.
-Eric
CLEARVU INC.
Indianapolis, Indiana
just chippen away

Post by just chippen away »

If you are doing repairs though the Mazda dealership and it is going through the dealer, They do not need a referral, They are marking up the ticket 20% before they give it to the customer. Just charge them a flat fee and let them charge out what they want.
Just Chippen Away
paulrsf

Post by paulrsf »

Good point about the Mazda Dealer. I'll find out more when I pick up my car (which incidentally is costing me $2100 for a new clutch -its an all-wheel-drive and for some reason that is an expensive repair requiring 11 hours labor). Not good timing! While there I'll find out if they intend to bill the customer or if they are referring it all to me.
With Fleet accounts, how are you handling multiple repairs on one vehicle? Are you discounting the second, third, repair?

Paul
Paul R.
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

As of Jan. Ist I raised my initial repair price $5.00 across the board (fleets, wholesale and retail). Not one customer complained or even seemed to notice or care. The dealerships that I service sometimes have the customer deal with me directly paying cash or going through their insurance or will have me bill the dealership via PO and they in-turn will, like just chippen away said, mark up the cost to their customer. I've never paid referral fees to anyone. My wholesale price is also $20 less than my retail price. My fleet price is even lower. I've had to really be careful with my rental accounts because our friends at Safelite have hit them all.
If you have a good relationship with the dealerships you should be able to work on the vehicle in one of their bays on even in the service lane. The service lane is my favorite because of all the attention I draw while doing the repair.
I do not have any signed contracts, all verbal or a strong handshake!
Toby 1 kenobi

Post by Toby 1 kenobi »

Can any UK WSR based companies share their pricing policies for fleets please?
screenman

Post by screenman »

I charge £45 +£10 for an extra chips on the same glass, I know of other charging more in different part of the country.
Blowing my own trumpet, but I am good at what I do, most repairers in this trade are poorly trained and rubbish at repairs.