Does magnibond resin have an expiration date

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
specialeffects

Does magnibond resin have an expiration date

Post by specialeffects »

thinking about buying a lilter of resin, not sure how long it will last, wanna make sure it doesnt go bad, how long have u guys stored 1 liter for, does it dry up after a while or spoil if stored too long?
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Does magnibond resin have an expiration date

Post by Brent Deines »

The expiration date on a liter of MagniBond is 1 year after the purchase date. That doesn't mean it goes bad in a year, but in that quantity most customers are opening and closing the bottle frequently, thereby increasing the chance of contamination, etc., so we limit the warranty.

In 15ml bottles we offer a money back guarantee if you are unsatisfied for any reason regardless of the date purchased.

Maybe some of our liter customers will share their experiences as I know some of them order less than once a year and have not had any problems.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
t4k

Post by t4k »

I purchased a liter 13 months ago and it is fine. I will be ordering another one soon. I store mine in a dark closet and it stays cool year round.
specialeffects

Post by specialeffects »

think i'll take my chances with the 250ml bottle. thanx 4 da response
SGT

Post by SGT »

Buying a liter is the cost effective way to go for sure. I rebottled into 15 ml amber bottles to avoid the exsposure to air every time I needed to refill. I also keep it stored in the basement to avoid temp. swings. It has been quite awhile but it yielded a lot of 15ml bottles and as a small part timer is lasting a long, long time. It has performed as described and have not any warranty issues. I will certainly re order in the same size as needed.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
kvado
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by kvado »

I know it's an old thread. But anyway.
I bought a 1 liter Magnibond in 2009-2010 (I'm not sure) when I started the repair business. I thought I would repair much more than I really did. I have still a little more in the bottle, 6 years later. I can't notice any difference. I always stored it in the dark place and only move it to refill once a month.
I did not even know it had an expiration date until I read this thread.
By the way, I live in Ecuador and I'll soon purchase another liter of Magnibond for the next 6 years.