Customer sketchy when paying with credit card w/ Mobile APP

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Customer sketchy when paying with credit card w/ Mobile APP

Post by just chippen away »

Mike,
Thanks for the in depth info. I have Ben looking for a CC service that will not eat a hole in my pocket even when not being used. I do not get a lot of CC requests, and I have lost a few from not excepting CC's and since the DSI's have gone CC I have not done them for a bit also. Looks like it is time to look deeper into it now that the costs have dropped tremendously..
Just Chippen Away
Eco Steam
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Eco Steam »

for instance, I charged (swiped) a card on Friday for $120.00 and this morning, $116.55 was deposited in my account.

Squareup will actually send you an email within minutes (sometimes it will go to spam folder), telling you exactly how much you charged, and how much will be deposited, then it's followed by another email (same day or next day) telling you the funds have been released and you should expect them to be in your account within 1-3 biz days (it's never taken 3 days for me).

Thats it!

No monthly crap, no annual PCI fees, ABSOLUTELY no other fees!

I just canceled with the other company last week because I don't use them anymore, and also they were getting ready to hit me with a mandatory $75 PCI Annual Fee. Paynet Systems, if you use them, you WILL be charged an annual PCI fee. I hear that $75 is cheap compared to some of these other companys out there charging $125 PCI or even more!

Happy Repairin!
Eco Steam Car Wash & Detailing
candyman

Post by candyman »

Mike: Are you required to do a certain amount per month. Most of my customers are paying cash and a few by check. Iam branching out into an area that uses debit or credit cards instead of carring cash. Is there a certain type of phone or do they provide the device you are using to transmit the charge? I need something that is simple and not too complexed to use.
candyman

Post by candyman »

I just looked up that site. I dont own either of the devices. I'll check into it more. I did read the comments.
RICHCHIPS

Post by RICHCHIPS »

StellarChip wrote:I carry the bank supplied, blank credit card forms with me and fill them out on the spot and process them at the end of each day. I have had cards declined but the customer has always made good on them. I'd be uncomfortable giving my cc number to someone running it on the phone, but not so worried with the old fashioned paper and swiping method.
When you use the blank credit card forms who do you use to process them? Are there any fees?
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

RICHCHIPS wrote:
StellarChip wrote:I carry the bank supplied, blank credit card forms with me and fill them out on the spot and process them at the end of each day. I have had cards declined but the customer has always made good on them. I'd be uncomfortable giving my cc number to someone running it on the phone, but not so worried with the old fashioned paper and swiping method.
When you use the blank credit card forms who do you use to process them? Are there any fees?

It's the complete opposite with most of my Customers. If I were to break out the old fashioned mechanical swipe machine, and some carbon CC sheets...they would FREAK OUT!

I can swipe, and it doesn't store any info on the ipad or on my phone, I love NOT having to write down all the info.

To each his own.

Ricersux

Post by Ricersux »

I use square on my Droid X and have not had any of my customers decline me using it...most of my customers are tech savvy and think its very cool! Square is developed and managed by the same people who own Twitter. I cant recommend them enough...it took months for me to get my reader but I signed up for the service before it was available to the public...now I understand they are getting out the readers very fast.
-Eric
CLEARVU INC.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

I know that this is info that has already been touched above, but here it is again with some added stuff....

Squareup is ideal for a small business that would like to offer their customers the ability pay with the 4 common card types. There are NO monthly fees, you only pay the 2.75% +0.15 cents swiped, or 3.5% +0.15 cents for keyed in transactions, and thats it!

So, if you only process a couple of hundred bucks a week, this is for you!

If you process thousands a week, I would NOT recommend them, simple because you're capped off @ $1,000 dollars a week for deposits, which means that if you process $3,000 in a 1 week period, only $1,000.00 of that will go into your account, the other $2,000.00 will be deposited in about 3o days. So, for example, lets say you process $3K a week for 4 weeks straight, you will get $1K each week, but at the end of the month, you will get the other $8K. So, there are some pros and cons to this service.

I like it because I don't usually process more than $1k in cards each week, if I do, it's not much more than that. Also, with most merchant accounts you sign up for VISA and MASTERCARD together, and then you have sign up for AMEX and DISC separately, some people are approved, but some are NOT.

With Squareup, you WILL be able to take payments with VISA - MC - DISC - AMEX!

You will need to have either an android phone, iphone, ipad, or ipod. If you you do not have internet access, it will NOT work. You must have internet to process a transaction.

I also, signed up for this back before they launched, and it took over 5 months to get everything setup, but they had reasons, and I'm VERY happy with them!
Eco Steam Car Wash & Detailing
photoadjuster

Post by photoadjuster »

The 1,000 weekly limit can be removed by furnishing square with more documentation that proves you are well established business. Send them an email with this request and they will advise you what to do.

Stephenson
Regards,
Mike Stephenson
ChampionCHIP,wsr

Re: Customer sketchy when paying with credit card w/ Mobile

Post by ChampionCHIP,wsr »

i contacted squareup a couple weeks ago , they ran my bank account debit and credit, and that has been it.. tried emailing and tweeting them to find out when the card reader will be sent, i get no response. are they that backed up or slow. does anyone have there phone number can not find it anywhere
thanks,
paul