age of cracked windshield

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: age of cracked windshield

Post by Brent Deines »

If you send me the picture I will post it for you. I just sent you an e-mail so you know where to send it.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
DryStar
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by DryStar »

I'm sorry but you keep dancing around the simple questions asked. Your post started in one direction but now it's about what your insurance will or not cover. How can any of us answer that for you? Did you contact your agent for an explanation? I'm clueless to offer any further suggestions. Good Luck to you anyway!
that1guy

Post by that1guy »

DryStar wrote:I'm sorry but you keep dancing around the simple questions asked. Your post started in one direction but now it's about what your insurance will or not cover. How can any of us answer that for you? Did you contact your agent for an explanation? I'm clueless to offer any further suggestions. Good Luck to you anyway!

i came here to simply find out if there's a way of knowing how old a crack has been in a windshield. but thanks anyways
that1guy

Post by that1guy »

Brent Deines wrote:If you send me the picture I will post it for you. I just sent you an e-mail so you know where to send it.
thanks brent. i attached the pic and replied to the email
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

Here is the photo
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

Well the picture helps. You actually have two cracks, which I'm sure the one on the right is most recent. I can honestly tell you I've never seen a two month old crack on a newer vehicle delaminate like the one pictured (unless chemicals were involved). Did you or someone else try to repair this previously? Looks like alcohol or acetone was used on the break which might explain the bubbles in laminate. Just a guess though. Anyway, that windshield in my opinion can't be repaired and a replacement is in order.

Still not clear as to why your insurance company is fighting you with this claim? After 18 plus years in this business I've never ran into that situation with any client.
that1guy

Post by that1guy »

actually its just one crack that spread three different ways. it may look like that to you but i can assure you its one crack.

anyways, if you look at the lines directions in which they each went 2 of them have the air bubbles and 1 doesn't, so how would one judge from that whether or not its been there for a year or however long?
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

that1guy wrote:actually its just one crack that spread three different ways. it may look like that to you but i can assure you its one crack.

anyways, if you look at the lines directions in which they each went 2 of them have the air bubbles and 1 doesn't, so how would one judge from that whether or not its been there for a year or however long?
I would guess nobody can. You say two month old damage, so we have to believe what your telling us. Although I personally don't believe your telling us everything from what I'm viewing.

On your behalf I asked 4 different CSR's, representing different insurance companies today if they would cover your over one year supposed damage...and all said yes! That windshield needs to be replaced and that's end of story! Maybe you should look for a different insurance carrier if they wont help you with this.

Cheap windshield $175-$210 cash depending on where your located or just pay your deductible.