IPhone or Android?

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

IPhone or Android?

Post by just chippen away »

What are most of you using as Mobile device / phones?
I personally finally got out of the stone ages of Nextel and miss it already for the two way radios. but I am learning to take advantage of the Apps of the phone... I am with Sprint and have a: HTC EVO Shift™ 4G. Folks are already saying I need a I-Phone.... Not sure if it makes a differences or not not having one...

What is everyone's take? Pros's and Con's of your phones?
Or even Good Apps that you like that help or work for you.
Just Chippen Away
Big E
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: IPhone or Android?

Post by Big E »

I have an Android and it does everything I need it to. The only con I have noticed on my HTC Incredible is that the volume on the phone does not go high enough. If you are in a noisy environment it's hard to hear through the phone but I got a bluetooth earpiece and that problem went away. I use the calendar app to schedule appointments, Square to process credit cards through the phone, Navigation to get directions, my website emails me when an appointment request comes through and it is nice to be able to check email thoughout the day. All very handy. I have even used Google translate a few times to get through any language barriers. I've found that I can do almost as much with the phone as a laptop. It is basically just a small computer so don't forget to put an antivirus app on there as well. I use the free version of AVG antivirus and haven't had any problems. I found that it is the perfect small tool that makes doing business easier and more efficiently.

I-Phone or Android?
Apples or oranges?