Fleet Invoice

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
jhickman1
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Fleet Invoice

Post by jhickman1 »

I have been using the "sample invoice" from Korey (modified of course). I have been thinking of changing it some more to make a Fleet Invoice to use when I go to a lot to service multiple vehicles. Using one invoice per vehicle while doing several seems like a waste of time, paper, money and probably aggrevating to the company signer. So far I have started changing the "vehicle/insurance" portion to the business name, contact person name and info. I have been changing the "repair" portion to make that a list of vehicles with a short description of repair and a total cost per vehicle.
If any of you have already done this or have some ideas, I would love to hear them as I havent gotten the invoce to where I am completely satisfied yet. Thanks in advance...
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
DryStar

Re: Fleet Invoice

Post by DryStar »

It all depends on how your fleet account wants to be billed. I have some that allow multiple repairs on one invoice while others want a separate one for each vehicle. You don't dictate that, they do! I'll do it either way as long as they're happy.
jhickman1

Post by jhickman1 »

DryStar wrote:It all depends on how your fleet account wants to be billed. I have some that allow multiple repairs on one invoice while others want a separate one for each vehicle. You don't dictate that, they do! I'll do it either way as long as they're happy.
Agreed. But, for the ones that want a separate Invoice per vehicle I could just continue using the standard invoice. I guess the Fleet Invoice could just be offered as an option
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

jhickman1 wrote:
DryStar wrote:It all depends on how your fleet account wants to be billed. I have some that allow multiple repairs on one invoice while others want a separate one for each vehicle. You don't dictate that, they do! I'll do it either way as long as they're happy.
Agreed. But, for the ones that want a separate Invoice per vehicle I could just continue using the standard invoice. I guess the Fleet Invoice could just be offered as an option
I can only say that my invoices are set up to accommodate dealers, fleet, insurance and cash customers. No
need to set up or print different invoices for each. Keep it simple. And no, I don't use Delta Kits standard forms.
Think outside the box and be creative.
jhickman1

Post by jhickman1 »

Drystar, im not tryin to steal your invoice but would you mind sending me a copy of that so I can see your layout and maybe pull some ideas?
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

[quote="jhickman1"]Drystar, im not tryin to steal your invoice but would you mind sending me a copy of that so I can see your layout and maybe pull some ideas?[/quote

'Well, I don't provide anything for free, after all I did spend considerable time with this. Would you like to make an offer? If not...figure it out on your own. Can't believe you even asked.
jhickman1

Post by jhickman1 »

DryStar wrote:
jhickman1 wrote:Drystar, im not tryin to steal your invoice but would you mind sending me a copy of that so I can see your layout and maybe pull some ideas?[/quote

'Well, I don't provide anything for free, after all I did spend considerable time with this. Would you like to make an offer? If not...figure it out on your own. Can't believe you even asked.
Not a problem, im just thankful you didnt charge me for your replies to my post. I know that it must have taken a few moments out of your day. I shouldve known that someone who is too nervous to post his location would rather be left alone when it comes to business. I guess I was just raised a bit differently.
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
usmc68

Post by usmc68 »

My dealers and other customers want an invoice for each vehicle for their records, big deal, $.10 each.
Please use the search function here, spend YOUR time before asking questions that have been asked many times before.
Nothing against you, but a lot of Newbies actually expect old guys to give them a blue print for success with no cost involved. I had a guy ask to work for me for 30 days and ALLOW me to keep all receipts for $100 per week. Delta charges, What, $400 per day?
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

jhickman1 wrote:
DryStar wrote:
jhickman1 wrote:Drystar, im not tryin to steal your invoice but would you mind sending me a copy of that so I can see your layout and maybe pull some ideas?[/quote

Not a problem, im just thankful you didnt charge me for your replies to my post. I know that it must have taken a few moments out of your day. I shouldve known that someone who is too nervous to post his location would rather be left alone when it comes to business. I guess I was just raised a bit differently.[/quote

Sorry you feel that way. If you asked any others on this forum for a copy
of their invoices, I'm sure you would get a zero response or one like mine.

Time to think on your own (without copying others)

OH....and not nervous at all, I'm located in Detroit Metro area.
candyman

Post by candyman »

The copy you got from Korey is an example. It should be modified to include your businesss name. As others have mentioned . Keep it simple. I use a book from staples for most of my invoices, because I also do HLR. For insurance, I use one similar to the one Korey sent out. The statement type size was too small for most of my customers, and Safelite wanted lifetime warranty added. The insurance companies require certain information that was on that form. Such as Tax ID, invoice #, Dispatch # and insurance agent. Fleets and car dealers dont usually file claims. Design something that contains the make , model and Vin #/stock#. Put a small picture of a WS and a line for type of break. Large dealers or fleets need a seperate sheet for each vehicle if they are keeping records on vehicle expense. Smaller dealers or fleets may allow you to put several on the same sheet. Dont forget to include your liability statement for failed repair. Dont make it complicated and makes changes when you see a need to. I have a note book that I started when I first got into this business. I kept copies of everything I designed or used. I made chances as I learned what was or was not needed. Nothing is set in stone. I have color copiers and computer apps that I can use to design and make things. Once Iam satisfied with a finished product, I'll take it to a printer. Iam not satisfied yet, but the forms I use, works for the insurance company and customer.