Referrals

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
ray6
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Referrals

Post by ray6 »

On another 2 forums (Autogeeks, autopia), there are occasional posts by individuals wanting to get their headlights restored professionally, but when they call a dealer, they can't seem to get a straight answer on what products or methods they use. Most of these restorers are using inferior methods/products and no guarantees. Is it possible to set up some sort of referral/certification of restorers using Delta Kits like they do for windshield repair?

Many of these posts are by guys who have tried the D.I.Y. method, but are not pleased with the results or lifetime. And by the time you factor in the risk (sanding with a drill) or labor (hand sanding) lack of new protective coating and cost of kits and having to repeat periodically, some are considering having it done.

It's easy to find someone who restores headlights, but not easy to find someone who does it right. Even if it's only referrals based on Delta Kits products used would be better than nothing.
2 cents
ray6
Old Blue 66
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Referrals

Post by Old Blue 66 »

I was thinking that when i first got into this. Great idea. But the only flaw is that they have classes for WR and don't have them for HLR. Isn't that where you get them, in the classes?

I stopped in the service dept at a dealer that I do work for last week. The service mgr said he uses someone (don't know why they don't use him in the used car dept) and told me his price which was higher than mine. I shared with him the warranty that I give and the process that I use. It sure would help differentiate me from the other guys to have some sort of a "seal" of professional work that I perform.

Good thoughts.
Paul Weinstein
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Referrals

Post by candyman »

If you dont have one already, take before and after photos and put them in a small postcard size binder. I use this to show my work and I have one at some of the detail shops and inspection stations. However, some of the used lots want the cheapest method possible even after I give them a discount.