Windshield Repair Olympics

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
bill lambeth

Re: Windshield Repair Olympics 2010

Post by bill lambeth »

Amen!lynx is lighting me up everday plus safelite customers from the past that I have done.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Windshield Repair Olympics 2011

Post by Brent Deines »

The 2011 Windshield Repair Olympics Finalists have been announced. Here is a link to the GlassBytes story. Congratulations guys, may the best technician win!

http://www.glassbytes.com/newsWRO20110915.htm
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

Congratulations to Jose Llano (left) WRO gold medalist and Rick Maciel (right) AGTO gold medalist.

Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

It would be nice if we could view some of these competitions. Not sure why they can't provide that. It's not like the technology with video or you tube isn't available.

I congratulate the winners but would also like too see what they did to achieve their medals. Maybe if this was offered, we could all learn and prosper from what they have accomplished.
just chippen away

Post by just chippen away »

I would like to see the before pic and after pics of the repairs there were assigned to do...
Just Chippen Away
Brent Deines

Re: Windshield Repair Olympics 2012

Post by Brent Deines »

I didn't get around to posting anything about the 2012 Windshield Repair Olympics, and now it is my understanding that registration for contestants is closed. My bad!

I think the prize money is $10,000 this year and there are only 12 contestants so the odds are favorable compared to previous years. I know that in a previous post some of you expressed your concern over the price of admission to Auto Glass Week, but are any of you planning to attend and/or compete? I didn't go last year so I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and possibly meeting forum members I have not met previously.

For those not familiar with the event, here is a link to additional information. http://autoglassweek.com/
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Coitster

Congrats to Brian Fenner

Post by Coitster »

I wanted to be the first to congratulate Brian Fenner for winning again at this years WSR Olympics. This is great that one of our own took it too them this year. Brian has done a great job, and I am very proud and excited for him. Again congrats.
Coitster
Frank EU

Re: Congrats to Brian Fenner

Post by Frank EU »

Indeed. Congrats to Brian.
I couldn't make it to the show this year.

Anybody else attending? Was it any good?
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

GlassBytes
The winners of the Pilkington Clear Advantage Technician Olympics (AGTO) and the Walt Gorman Memorial Windshield Repair Olympics (WRO) were named today in Louisville, Ky., as part of Auto Glass Week™. K-Shard Fields of Glasspro Inc. in North Charleston, S.C., won the top ranking of gold medalist in the AGTO, and Brian Fenner of Safe Glass Technologies in Easton, Pa., took home the gold in the WRO.

Fields was followed by Travis Crebs of Techna Glass in Taylorsville, Utah, in second and Nick Gittins of Techna Glass in Clearfield, Utah, in third place in the AGTO. Chris Smith of Techna Glass in Draper, Utah, rounded out the WRO at second, with Robert Rask of IntegraGlass in Orem, Utah, following at third.

The winners of each event takes home $10,000 as part of his winnings.

In addition, Gittins was recognized with the Ray Asbery Innovation Award for his development and use of modifications to his setting tool. The award was dedicated to Asbery this year, in honor of the innovation brought to the industry by the founder of Equalizer, who passed away last year.

Both awards were announced during the Gala Awards Reception and Ceremony held on the final day of Auto Glass Week.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
insightautoglass

Post by insightautoglass »

Grats you two!