Meeting with others in the industry

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
maxryde
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Meeting with others in the industry

Post by maxryde »

Hey all, I don't post alot here anymore but I wanted to share. I had the good fortune to meet Bill Lambeth this past weekend. He and family were passing thru and he contacted me about the Drystar I listed in the for sale section here. It was a pleasure for myself and my wife to have what little time we were able to share. We only had a little time to visit, it is always fun to meet another tech from this forum and put a name to the face! Thanks again Bill. Say hello to your wife and son. Scott and Donna
bill lambeth

Re: Meeting with others in the industry

Post by bill lambeth »

Scott it was great to get to meet you and your lovely bride!My wife told me when we left that you guys were newlyweds.Congratulations! It is so great to meet people who go throught the same battles everyday.Me and Scott were like 2 kids at Christmas when we chatted with each other.I really think everyone from this board should get together and have a weekend to learn from each other.I think Brent should pay for it as well :lol: .No joke I think it would really be very productive for everyone to come together and have an conference for us.Although we would have to fly Graham across the pond to be the President. :D
screenman

Post by screenman »

I will start packing, can we make it somewhere nice and warm please. :D That is as long as Brent is paying, he sure is a top guy.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Uh...yeah...about that...

We do have an industry event every year, now called Auto Glass Week, that would be a great time to meet in my opinion, but it is somewhat expensive to register as several forum members have mentioned. The Mobile Tech Expo is not so expensive and although a much smaller venue, does cater to the independent mobile technicians, windshield repair and headlight restoration included. We've actually met a number of forum members there over the years, SGT and Bill Lambeth among them if I remember correctly.

You just have to quite being such a cheap skate and hop across the pond now and then screenman.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.