Time efficiency - quick poll

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
LightMeUp
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Time efficiency - quick poll

Post by LightMeUp »

Simple question. What method of doing a job seems to be faster then the other? Mask, sand, 3k polish disc one light and then go to the next one and do the same exact thing, applying the 4.1 at the end for both OR doing both lights the same process for both lights i.e mask both, 500 grit both, 800 grit both, etc.

Up to now I have been doing one light and then go to the next and I am still not satisfied with my time. I am pretty anal about all scratches gone and also the edges. Am I perhaps sanding each grit for more time then needed? I go left to right overlapping each pass, and then going up and down the same way, around the edges and corners, inspect, touch up areas, inspect then move one. Perfect as heck at the end but where is the fine line of to much attention to detail. I am also going to try a small scrub brush to wipe off the dusty klingons that accumulate on the sand disc to save time.

Any other suggestions for time saver tips would be appreciated.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Time efficiency - quick poll

Post by t4k »

How much time are you spending per set with the above mentioned method?