Their ultimate height of arrogance

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
blind_squ
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Their ultimate height of arrogance

Post by blind_squ »

Todays Glassbytes has the article of how Safelite has filed for an injunction against a recently passed law in Connecticut. The idea that a third party administrator would ethically be prevented from this type of action is a myth. The utter arrogance is finally coming out in the daylight and publicly saying that they are an auto glass company first that abuses and ignores insurance regulations seeking an unfair advantage over other companies. Read it folks, there it all is.
Their claim is, it will "unconstitutionally" force the company to recommend auto glass repair and replacement work to its competitors.
The big boys with the deep pockets make me sick.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Their ultimate height of arrogance

Post by screenman »

The answer to all of this is chase the market they do not.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Unfortunate but they are right in this country you have the right to contract who you do business with. Requiring them to send customers elsewhere when they have a contract to service a certain companies customers is a violation of several laws. That said I agree with Screen Just look in a different direction for your work your dont have some divine right to insurance referrals . They can send their customers to wherever they want just as I can shop anywhere I want. :lol:
screenman

Post by screenman »

Safelight, like AG over here do not serve the non insured market well in my opinion and exerience. They are after all a replacement company.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

I did a jb in front of their office today at the buisness next doo had 5 guys standing in their door watching :P
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

I know some feel that the insurance customer is theirs but the simple fact is they are not your customer they belong to the Insurance Company and as such they may send them to whoever they choose. :D