What PSI is used to inject the resin into the crack?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: What PSI is used to inject the resin into the crack?

Post by Frank EU »

No bad thinking on your part, Shane.
Can it be done? Hell yes!

The GlassMedic system also uses air.
It is not the very best system available, but capable of doing some repairs (Safelite loves to sell glass so they don't care).

The Superglass system uses air too. Much better system, and techs are properly equiped and trained -with a focus on Repairing glass.

So, no bad thinking.
I just love it when people try, play, test, make attempts to come up with new stuff.

So, get yourself a scrap-windshield, give it a try and be so nice to update us on your findings.
Thanks and goodluck,
screenman

Post by screenman »

Why would anyone want to use air to move a liquid? Does not and never has made sense to me, but there again I was bought up with JCB's hydraulic brakes and thing like that.

Shane if you do start playing please adhere to all the HSE that comes with the resin, even more so if driving it with compressed air.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Mhh, I just noticed that it is no longer an option here to change (''edit'') my post. Too bad!

Anyway, rereading your posts, I should add some more info to my existing post above.
GlassMedic and Superglass use air to operate their plunger. Not to ''inject'' resin into the break.
Hope this ''missing link'' is useful. Goodluck.
clearquest
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by clearquest »

Running a bead of resin along a crack and thinking it will just wick in for a quality repair is ridiculous.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

I beg to differ almost every company out there gives the capilary method as the first attempt at crack repair. Drill the end put a injector to working and run a bead along the crack. Flex it a little if its not wicking as well as you would like. When done apply cure tan. Crack 101