GW

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
bill lambeth

GW

Post by bill lambeth »

Who here is using GW ? Which injector are you using ? Let's go down this road and see what the number is !
sunshine wr

Re: GW

Post by sunshine wr »

me pv2000
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

I got banned from the GW forum for mentioning Delta.
EMCAutoGlass
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by EMCAutoGlass »

I have a GW kit, with one EcoVac injector. I have since added a B150 w/ SS screw-type injector along with DK resins. I also added UB injectors/resins (for crack repairs) last year, so I have quite a varied kit these days. I only use the EcoVac and B150 for standard chip repairs, and I tend to switch back and forth between them. They both seem to have pros and cons, but both get the job done very well. The EcoVac takes more time to clean at the end of the day, while the DK injector takes 1 minute after each repair. I have used the EcoVac longer, so I'm a little more familiar with it, which tends to make the repairs go a little quicker. The DK screw-type works great, and I like the simplicity, but I'm having difficulty finding the sweet spot for plunger pressure when filling star breaks. With a bull's-eye, I stop screwing the plunger when I see the resin flowing, but you don't always see resin flow immediately when filling a star break, so it's difficult to tell when I'm at just the right amount of pressure, and I'm always hesitant to apply too much plunger pressure. It will just take a little more practice to get the hang of it.

-Marty
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

bill lambeth wrote:Who here is using GW ? Which injector are you using ? Let's go down this road and see what the number is !
I thought this was the question. Is it about forums or equipment ?
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Yes I think someone miss the boat ! Screenman ! Each is to their own ! Will never use anything else but GW injector ! I use other Delta products and they are great ! This forum is a very good learning tool for newbies and we all need to remember that we once was as well .
jarosz
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by jarosz »

I use the old G.W. manual pull and lock system. I don't know the # or how old it is. It works awesome.
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

jarosz wrote:I use the old G.W. manual pull and lock system. I don't know the # or how old it is. It works awesome.
Standard Pro-Vac
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

I will take the EcoVac any day over that Provac! Just saying ! GW has made my life boring !!!!! :D You try it and you want use nothing else !
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Bill, I did and I did not like it at all. As I said before I supply many ex GW guys here in the UK.