Janvil Glass Polish

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

rrr

Post by Anonymous »

I have been using the Glas Weld polishing compound for scratches in glass. While it works really well, it is pricey at around $100.00 per pound. Can anyone shed any light on the Janvil polish which is priced around $30.00?
Thanks,
Eddie
Anonymous

Janvil Glass Polish

Post by Anonymous »

try this site
hisglassworks.com
it's 10.00 lb.
Anonymous

janvil polish

Post by Anonymous »

I have used both Glasweld & Janvil polishing compound and have found that the Janvil compound works the same or better than the glasweld/IPS compound. The Janvil compound uses less paste to water ratio than the Ips /Glasweld. I asked Janvil the very same question "$$$" cost when I first started buying from them because I too used to think that the more it cost, the better it must be. Not true in this case. Janvil explained that since they are the manufacturer and distributor, there are a lot less people touching it and collecting money from the product sale. Glasweld, on the other hand, has to charge more for their product since the are only reselling it for IPS... Lots of mouths to be feed by the sale means lots of mark-up.

Just my 2 cents;

Gary

PS. By the way I checked out the "hisglassworks.com" website ... hisglassworks.com just sells plain old cerium powder - Old school powder and felt pads. I don't believe they sell anything like what Glasweld, Ips, or Janvil sells. This is not what you are looking for.
Anonymous

Janvil Polish

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks Gary. This is the kind of input I am looking for. Anyone else have any ideas?
Anonymous

Re: Janvil Polish

Post by Anonymous »

Will this polish repair circular scratches caused by a careless
outfit that does hand car washes? Evidently, whatever they used to dry the car had some little stones or some grit in it and scratched the windshield. Clay will not work.
If the polish is not enough, what do we use to eliminate the scratches?
Anonymous

scratches on windshield

Post by Anonymous »

Send me an email at clearview@jam.rr.com
Anonymous

Re: scratches on windshield

Post by Anonymous »

I have used several Janvil polish products with great success. My best suggestion is that you to call or write Janvil and ask them about your situation. You can contact them @ polish@Janvil.com or call them 1-877-452-6845. I am sure they will be glad to answer your questions.

Best of luck
Lyle
Anonymous

scratches on windshield

Post by Anonymous »

I got some Janvil scratch removal polish package from ebay and noticed that most scratch removal system want you to buy a over price polisher with there system.

I have a black and decker polisher arlready. My question is to people in scratch removal ready is. I there any other pads that can work without buy all those exsive pand that comes with most kits.

What about some of the pads used a body shops and used for polishing cars when detailing? Will they work?