Window Decals

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
TheGlassMD
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Window Decals

Post by TheGlassMD »

Has any of you ever tried window decals on the w/s you have repaired? I was thinking of trying this and wanted to see if anyone else had tried and if so what was the response.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Window Decals

Post by t4k »

What would be the purpose of these decals?
TheGlassMD

Post by TheGlassMD »

Just another way of marketing was my thought. Just as you see auto shop give out window decals or bumper stickers to vehicles they have done work for. It was just something that I thought might make sense and wanted to see if anyone on here had ever tried it and see what the response was for them.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I've had customers that use the vinyl static cling stickers like the ones the oil and lube guys use but I'm not sure if it was a successful marketing tool for them or not. Is that the kind of decal you are talking about? Personally I don't like anyone putting decals on my window but that is just me.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
TheGlassMD

Post by TheGlassMD »

I was thinking more of providing them with the decal to use if they felt like it and yes like the static cling decals. I thought it might raise questions to other people who may see it and prompt them to ask about it. But maybe that's being a little to optimistic.
Clarity Glass

Post by Clarity Glass »

I've also considered the window decals but ultimately decided not to. I have been pondering the idea of a sticker placement inside the glove box or on the door jam...somewhere not highly visible to others other than the owner. I have surveyed a few retail customers and they said they would be open to the idea. What are your thoughts form a technicians perspective?
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I know I have stickers on my door jams and inside my glove box but I have absolutely no idea what they say. On the other hand, if you told me you were putting a sticker there for quick reference the next time I got a rock chip, I might very well remember to look and I wouldn't have to look at it all the time like a window sticker.

Now that you have mentioned it I may have a look to see what is in my glove box now. Who knows, there may be some important information there!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
schotz1

Post by schotz1 »

This isn't too bad of a idea. I get asked all of the time " There is a rock chip in my windshield, I can't remember if this one has been fixed or maybe it was another one. If you haven't fixed it, fix it." I can't remember what I did yesterday let alone if I fixed this guys rock chip 2 years ago. I like the invoice that was posted on this website because you can mark on the invoice the location of the repair. I figured I would have a record of the repair. I think I changed my mind. I'm goin to have business cards printed up with the windscreen on the back side so I can mark the location. Then Im going to put the card in the glove box. It will always be there. Nobody ever cleans out their glove box. Maybe this is not what u were thinking of exactly, but it gives me the idea. Thanks. :idea: