Mighty Vac

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
shawn2369
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Mighty Vac

Post by shawn2369 »

Hi, I recently ran into someone who use to run a windshield chip and crack repair business. He gave me some of his remaining equipment. Some of the equipment was very good. In the box he gave me was something called a might vac. When I asked the guy about it he said using that tool is a good way to do crack repair. I have done a search and could not find anything about it or how to use it for chip/crack repair. Does anyone know anything about this or have an interest in this tool?
Mr Bill
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Mighty Vac

Post by Mr Bill »

LiquidResins injectors have a vacuum port which is connected to a mityVac to pull a vacuum prior to injecting resin into the break.
If you use DK injectors, you would not need the mityVac.
screenman

Post by screenman »

We used a Mity Vac for many years during dry out and in theory to help resin run along a longer crack, we do not use it now despite owning two of them. Just found that large volumes of vacuum were not needed for quality repairs.
shawn2369
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by shawn2369 »

Thanks for your comments. It seems I do not have the right tool set for this as I use DK. I am also avoiding any long cracks and do not want to buy any new equipment at this time.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

You don't need any special equipment to do long cracks so I don't know why you would avoid them. The Mighty Vac is not good for most long cracks because most long cracks are on the surface. If you apply a strong vacuum to a surface crack you will just pull air into the crack from the surface! Save the Might Vac for bleeding brakes, which is what it was designed for.

What you do need for long cracks is a good technique and practice, practice, practice!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.