is it just me:

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
ChampionCHIP,wsr
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

is it just me:

Post by ChampionCHIP,wsr »

is it just me?
I ordered some supplies last week and when I told bruce when I ordered tabs, that it has been a year or so sonce I orders them.
he seemed surprised that I reuse them, been doing it for years. am I the only one doing this?
Brent Deines

Re: is it just me:

Post by Brent Deines »

It's illegal in 49 states, I'm surprised you aren't in jail! :)
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

If the cure tab is nice and clean when I remove it from the chip, I put it back in the little tab box for re use.
Those with resin sticking to the tab are separated and later soaked in alcohol and wiped off.
If they become nice and clean, I re use them .
Last time I ordered tabs, I ordered 3 boxes, so I have enough to do me for a while.
The price of the tabs is fair, but the price plus shipping seems more reasonable if UPS brings me 3 boxes at once.
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by candyman »

I reuse them all the time if clean and no bent edges. I use them mostly to cover the small legs on some breaks that protrude past the size of the injector. I will cure them prior to removing the bridge then use pit resin, a fresh tab and cure. I like it better than using the curing tape. I would venture to say, many others do this also. I' ve seen some use plastic wrap and document protectors. I suppose if a product can make the pit resin anarobic it will work.