First post here and curious

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
BradtheBloke
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

First post here and curious

Post by BradtheBloke »

Hello everyone. I live in San Antonio, Tx and have been thinking about getting in WSR for awhile now. Havent made the lunge yet. I had a few questions. What is the best way to get business? advertising? cards? Is the work steady? IS it better to be mobile or set up a tent? Ive been doing a lot of reading on this. Just dont want to worry about not finding work. any advice/feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
candyman

Re: First post here and curious

Post by candyman »

Check back through the history of this forum and you will be able to form your own opinion on this topic, based on the posted comments. Some work fleets, while others rely on insurance claims. It's a mixed bag of sources for me and many others. I am signed with three major TPA's. I also canvass my market or cold calling. I solicit referrals every chance I get. I advertise on a tight budget, just to keep my name in the public. I maintain a website that people can view to find out more about my services. I am listed with over 100 search engines, that is cell phone friendly, through my website provider. I send letters after each repair to my clients, thanking them and asking for referrals of friends or family. I provide a finders fee for that referral. I leave my business cards all over the city. I am a member of the local Chamber of Commerce. Even with all of this, I have slow periods. That's why I also do Headlight Restorations. A lot more work than WSR, but its another source of income. Each market has its own unique challenges as you will discover. Quality work and a positive attitude will go a long way in this field of work. Some days you may want to give up. Stay the course, and the tide will change. Too many people get into this business thinking they will be a over night success. A few months later they quit. Simply because they didn't put the time in to build their business or master their skill. I learn new methods or techniques all the time. I also gain confidence in my work, each time I achieve a great repair and the customer is amazed at the results. You can make money ! How much depends on location and your dedication to build your business and honing your skill. The investment is reasonable and the return can be enormous. Welcome to our world. I have no regrets.
BradtheBloke

Re: First post here and curious

Post by BradtheBloke »

much appreciated Candyman