New to the game - Kit arriving tomorrow

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RonLove
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

New to the game - Kit arriving tomorrow

Post by RonLove »

I am new to all of this, I am 30 years old and I ordered the ez250 kit ($610 kit),my wife is joining me in this venture, we got our business license and we are setting up our insurance. I have my business cards ready, I have just been being patient, waiting to get things going and get my kit. I have been excited, and now that the moment of truth all lies within the time frame that UPS arrives and I am a bit nervous, lol.. This is natural I know, fear I may do a horrible job, or break windows, or just flat out have zero clients. I know that I will only get from this what I put into it, so I will be dedicating all the time I can to approaching businesses as well as attempting to bring in individuals. I will update everyone, I plan on being extremely proactive, I do not plan on becoming discouraged. I know that most businesses start out slowly, it should expand as my knowledge grows. I have 3 kids and just purchased our first house, I do work full time for gov. but still I would like to have some flexibility on the side, and have an opportunity to eventually include my wife and children more as well. My 7 year old son is excited, we have been doing the count down for around 4 weeks now, lol.. I'll keep everyone posted, wish me luck! Any advice is always appreciated, I have a lot to learn!! Thank you.

-Ron

Mason Auto Glass
www.BrokeWindow.com
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: New to the game - Kit arriving tomorrow

Post by screenman »

Make sure you get plenty of practise before you venture out. Make those practise repairs wet with lots of water before you start the process.

Good luck, hard work brings success in this business.
Mr Bill
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: New to the game - Kit arriving tomorrow

Post by Mr Bill »

Tell the people you work with that you do WSR.
Do a repair in the workplace parking lot, even a free one to get the ball rolling.