Striking out with car lots

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
ujslost
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Striking out with car lots

Post by ujslost »

Not making alot of headway with these guys. I usually start out by asking who does their glass. They usually tell me. So I ask who does their glass repair. Usual response is hell we just replace them. We can get most of them replaced for $140-$160. So I ask again. "What do you do about the ones that are just chipped"? They tell me "Hell we just sale them like they are then most the time."
Lots of used car lots where I live so I hoped to get their business. I need a better opening or something to talk them into it. I am NOT a very good sales person.

Got some banners and magnetic decals with business cards that should be ready today.
Boris

Re: Striking out with car lots

Post by Boris »

You will hear that almost every place you go to. Plus the "we've got a guy" line. And they probably do. Just have to keep plugging away. It's a numbers game. It takes time to develop your "sales" approach.
mobile tech

Re: Striking out with car lots

Post by mobile tech »

I agree with Boris, it's definitely a numbers game. It can be discouraging but if you keep at it you'll get some that will say yes. Once you get to do some repairs for them make sure you ask them if they know any other car lots that could use you (word of mouth).