Laminated Door Glass Repairs

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
fhburris
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Laminated Door Glass Repairs

Post by fhburris »

Sorry - I posted this in the wrong category originally.

I'm wondering about the feasibility of repairs on this type of glass. Will the repair hold up over time being this glass is not stationary like a windshield? The glass is being pushed up and pulled down in order to go up and down by the regulator. It seems it could be especially hard on the repair when the glass is being rolled up and firmly seated. What has been anybody's experience?
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Laminated Door Glass Repairs

Post by screenman »

I did a repair on a Bentley 5 years ago and my customer sold it last year still with the repair in the drivers door glass standing up. I have aslo repaired on Audi's, Volvo and a Citreon as yet I have not had a comeback on them.

As far as I am aware laminate glass is just that and a good quality repair using quality resin is stronger than the glass itself.
Windshield Wizard
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Laminated Door Glass Repairs

Post by Windshield Wizard »

I agree with screenman. I've done any number of repairs on the Buicks who use laminated sideglass and have never heard back of any problems. And as he says, quality resins and repair techniques are the answer!