Fleets

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
jst63
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Fleets

Post by jst63 »

I own a local rock chip repair company and i've heard of other owners like myself getting deals or contracts with fleets, like school bus companies, police stations, enterprise rentals etc... any ideas on the best way to go about this? Thanks
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Fleets

Post by screenman »

It may be different over there, I just knock on doors of larger companies and talk to everybody that I can, I also keep calling as once is seldom enough.

My largest customer took 17 calls before I got my first job, the then went on to spend £1300 a month with me for 17 years, that and they only took about 10 hours a month to service.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I got my fleets the same way as screenman. There may be some shortcuts but calling on managers of fleets with good repair potential, constantly and consistantly, was the only way I ever got anywhere. I offered free demos to show off my skills, preferably on an employee's car, and let them compare my work with whoever they were using at the time. I was having problems getting past the front desk I would make friends with those folks by bringing in homemade cookies from time to time. It's all about relationship building and that sometimes takes time. I always tried to be competitive but seldom did I offer a lower price than the competition. I found that matching a price or coming in a little higher but always emphasizing quality, reliability, and honesty was the key to keeing customers long term.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Nobody ever regrets buyng quality, price I agree with Brent is often further down the buying line.
Steve3052
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Steve3052 »

This is great info, thanks for sharing. Just wondering what type of price one would offer for such services compared to a retail repair?

Thanks ,

Steve
screenman

Post by screenman »

I charge the same for fleet and the very little retail I do. As I said earlier, retail comes to me, I sell on quality, never price.