Insurance for Windshield Repair Technicians

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
MoreBloodWine
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Insurance for Windshield Repair Technicians

Post by MoreBloodWine »

What exactly is the name of your insurance company and what kind of paper trail do you have that can be verified by users such as myself ?

Assuming I read the one post right, two to $300 a year for a $500,000 policy seems like one of those too-good-to-be-true deals.
MoreBloodWine

Post by MoreBloodWine »

I would like to add that my normal car insurance is $180 a month. And it's a $300,000 policy. So with the nature of dealing with other people's property how is it that a general liability policy for a windshield repair Tech can effectively be ~300 for the year?
ghost rider
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by ghost rider »

I have a 2,000,000 commercial liability policy that costs 500 per year. I have 2,000,000 because it's the smallest policy they write. I don't have garage keepers. My commercial auto ins is full coverage for less than 100 per mo. The liability coverage on your auto ins. has very little to do with the price. That price can vary greatly depending on what kind of vehicle, your deductible, where you live and your driving record. This ins. is through a small local ins. co. These small companies are probably in every state. You need to ask an independent agent to find out if you have any small ins. companies in your state.
calexander

Post by calexander »

The name of the insurance company is RLI Insurance Company - the site for the Home Business Insurance policy, which is written for Windshield Repair technicians.

The majority of policies that we write are in the $200-$300 range for the year BUT the price could vary based on location, business operations conducted, limits of insurance and optional coverage components.
calexander

Post by calexander »

We write a lot of policies for folks who specialize in Windshield crack and chip repair - most have some other complimentary services that are offered as well. Paint less dent removal, headlight restoration, etc.

Does this group share the same general service offerings? WSR with some other services sprinkled in?

Chris Alexander
IRONSIDE

Post by IRONSIDE »

Hey Chris, sorry if i missed your info, but i would like to get a quote if i could. Thanks
calexander

Post by calexander »

Re: Ironside

My apologies as I just saw your post right now (I did not get any email notifications of your post).

You can reach us a few different ways for a quote:
-www.insuremyhomebiz.com
-844-249-2684
-www.rlicorp.com --- Business Insurance --- Business Owners Insurance --- Home-Based Business Insurance

We would enjoy the opportunity to give you a quote and get you covered.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Chipsbgone

Post by Chipsbgone »

Calexander,
I took the plunge yesterday and paid for a policy thru your company. The agent was very informative and answered all my questions. I actually talked to her on Friday. She told me what to do online after I paid and I received my COI and the policy befor 9am today. Keep up the good work!!!

By the way for everyone else... No one else could touch their rates or professionalism. I live in WV and my rate was only $205/yr.
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

Thanks Chris! I called today and this company was by far the best. They were great to talk to, helpful and had the lowest price. For me in AL, I was quoted $360/yr for $500,000 liability and $30,000 garage keepers.

Still working on my business plan, but this will probably be the company I use once I am set up.
calexander

Post by calexander »

SteveK wrote:Thanks Chris! I called today and this company was by far the best. They were great to talk to, helpful and had the lowest price. For me in AL, I was quoted $360/yr for $500,000 liability and $30,000 garage keepers.

Still working on my business plan, but this will probably be the company I use once I am set up.

Thanks for the feedback Steve - we have been writing these policies for 10+ so we have a good feel for what you might need and expect in terms of an insurance policy for Windshield Repair.

Good Luck with the business going forward!

Chris Alexander