Fleet accounts

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
Windshield Dr
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Fleet accounts

Post by Windshield Dr »

Not sure if this is posted here....how do you bill fleet accounts? At the time of service? Or do they require a net 30? Also...how about pricing? If the insurance companies determine how much the are gonna pay for rock chips there doesn't seem like that much wiggle room for pricing
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Fleet accounts

Post by Brent Deines »

Most of my fleet accounts were on net 30 and some stretched it to 45. Some techs will not offer terms, especially anything over net 30 but I never had a big fleet that did not pay me eventually so I cut them a fair amount of slack.

Fleets typically pay their own repair bills so insurance rates have nothing to do with it. You have to set your prices based on the value you provide and the market you are in.

You are right about insurance pricing however, there is not much wiggle room. Most of us accept what the insurance company offers but there are some who bill at a higher rate and in some cases are able to collect it. Hopefully someone who is doing that will chime in with some advice.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
RockstarRepairs

Post by RockstarRepairs »

Brent Deines wrote: You are right about insurance pricing however, there is not much wiggle room. Most of us accept what the insurance company offers but there are some who bill at a higher rate and in some cases are able to collect it. Hopefully someone who is doing that will chime in with some advice.
I haven't had a chance to do it yet, but I'm set up with A.C.T. to handle my billing. Much of that is being run as direct bills to the insurance company instead of going through the third-party system. It helps avoid the steering problem, and results in better pay by and large. Doing direct bill, some insurances are paying $80-100+ versus what the third-party rates are.
autoglassconcepts

Post by autoglassconcepts »

So I've been doing some research about how to direct bill, and with A.C.T. you just have to submit pictures, correct?
I was reading how to get started and it says you need a certificate of liability insurance. If this is true, are there any other ways of billing directly to the insurance company?
RebelTitan74

Post by RebelTitan74 »

Hi Brent, I would like to understand what you're meaning,
You have accounts on net 30 to 45. I would like to get in with a some companies just need to make sure I don't lose out on making a good profit. Thanks
Brent Deines wrote: September 7th, 2016, 11:44 am Most of my fleet accounts were on net 30 and some stretched it to 45. Some techs will not offer terms, especially anything over net 30 but I never had a big fleet that did not pay me eventually so I cut them a fair amount of slack.

Fleets typically pay their own repair bills so insurance rates have nothing to do with it. You have to set your prices based on the value you provide and the market you are in.

You are right about insurance pricing however, there is not much wiggle room. Most of us accept what the insurance company offers but there are some who bill at a higher rate and in some cases are able to collect it. Hopefully someone who is doing that will chime in with some advice.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

Meaning they pay their bills 30-45 days after you invoice them. I have prefer net 30 but for a good account with a large company I will stretch to net 45. I don't think I was ever burned by a fleet customer so it really wasn't that big of a deal to me but you can set the terms to whatever you are comfortable with.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
RebelTitan74

Post by RebelTitan74 »

Thank you Brent