Technique on larger combinations

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
kennycrane
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Technique on larger combinations

Post by kennycrane »

I know that it is not something that Delta recommended to me in training, but I too at times have a break, especially larger combination breaks that the only way that I can keep all of the air out is to cure it under pressure thus I do it often and solves that problem for me. The little curing light that Delta has really works well for those such circumstances.
JamesM
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by JamesM »

A lot of the times I pull a vacuum and walk away for a few minutes and fill out the rest of the paperwork the vin and such and then check the chip if there is some resin starting to enter the chip then I go to the pressure cycle that helps a lot as most of my chips are combination chips were I am from and then if I need to I add some thumb pressure pumping the tool lightly
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Are you working outside and more important using a UV shield. Are you flexing the break and where are you flexing, do not use any heat as this will make things harder for you. I get guys to do at least 5 of these larger combinations along with many other style breaks when they are here for training, get them right and the smaller one's are a walk in the park.